18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

SRO or RMR

lplebe

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
1
I’m looking for a red dot for my new Prodigy 4.25 and I’m debating between the SRO and RMR. Which would be a better red dot for CCW?
 
I think the SRO might be a little too chunky for CCW.

The big window of the SRO is nice, but it seems to be geared more to competition/target shooting vs CCW.
 
RmR HD, for sure.

I've seen a SRO break from falling off a table into dirt. It's a competition optic not a CCW.
 
Slightly off-topic question: I hardly ever hear of people using Noblex / Docter sights (yes, Docter is spelled correctly). I know they exist, they can be bought (for $$$, but good quality red dots aren't cheap), and I know nothing of their reputation.

Reason I'm asking: I have several SIG P210 pistols, and given their rarity and value, I'd never mill their slide. But I happen to have an adapter that fits into the rear sight dovetail, and has the Docter mount pattern. Few other red dots (other than similarly expensive European ones) have the same footprint. One of these days, I'll try it out, but if people have lots of experience with Noblex/Docter, that might influence my decision.
 
The SRO is a pretty big red dot. Between the two I'd go RMR if you're going to carry.
 
I’d go RMR OR RMRHD. SRO is my favorite optic, but for range gun or competition. The market on RMR is a great bargain now since they released the HD models
 
For range gun the SRO is fantastic. For daily, RMR is the perfect size
 
The SRO is a better dot, but it's big and bulky. Like others have, said the RMR is a better fit for you.
 
Back
Top Bottom