18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Stacatto P4 made the roster

Got the early access email for the 4.5 yesterday. WOW one day early lol .... I did NOT purchase any. Funny enough... If I login to my account first and try to buy, the option is not there. You must use the link in email first - at least thats how it worked for me

Here we are 7/1 release day... and main website still does not allow anyone to purchase.

Edit: I lied... its now available on main page
 
Last edited:
They couldn’t just bring the P, they couldn’t just make a P that takes Glock mags, no. They had to reinvent the wheel and the safety.
I actually like on this model the grip safety being deleted. Probably in the minority, but since this is a 2011, and not a 1911 I say go hog wild with ideas.
 
A ported version will follow! Do you wait for the ported or get the P4.5? :)
If you want to use the gun in Limited or Limited Optics, you can’t have a ported barrel. If you don’t shoot USPSA, then it’s up to you. But I don’t imagine ports will have much impact on a 4-1/2” barrel shooting 9mm ammo. I’m going to get the HD P4.5 CA as soon as it comes out.
 
If you want to use the gun in Limited or Limited Optics, you can’t have a ported barrel. If you don’t shoot USPSA, then it’s up to you. But I don’t imagine ports will have much impact on a 4-1/2” barrel shooting 9mm ammo. I’m going to get the HD P4.5 CA as soon as it comes out.
What!!!??? Ports add like 20 horsepower and a cool factor of ten. Rookie lol
 
If you want to use the gun in Limited or Limited Optics, you can’t have a ported barrel. If you don’t shoot USPSA, then it’s up to you. But I don’t imagine ports will have much impact on a 4-1/2” barrel shooting 9mm ammo. I’m going to get the HD P4.5 CA as soon as it comes out.
I have two Shied Plus's, one ported and one not, there is a difference, even in a 3.1" barrel. That said, most of the pistols I own are now ported or compensated, even my wheel guns. Once I have gone down that road, it's hard to go back to a standard version.
 
Not gonna lie, I want specifically because it can take Glock mags in a pinch and I prefer my trigger around 4lbs-4.5lbs.

My top 2 PCCs runs Glock mags so logistically it's easier to have a pistol that also run Glock mags

Really hoping for a smaller HD or Platypus that takes G19 mags (I would like to think that the HD P4 is one grip swap away from taking G19 mags).
 
What dept is this that requires “on roster” guns? The HD already is drop safe before the 🥐ed CA version.
Not sure why you asked me this, I did not say "On Roster" Ca version. It's the Fire Pin Safety / drop safety with a minimum 4 - 4.5 lbs minimum trigger pull weight (with manual safety) that is required at some departments. The fact that the California on roster model fit that criteria is coincidental but explains why LEO's would be buying this model vs off roster Staccatos.
 
Not sure why you asked me this, I did not say "On Roster" Ca version. It's the Fire Pin Safety / drop safety with a minimum 4 - 4.5 lbs minimum trigger pull weight (with manual safety) that is required at some departments. The fact that the California on roster model fit that criteria is coincidental but explains why LEO's would be buying this model vs off roster Staccatos.
Youre the one that quoted my posts so seems pretty obvious why Id be asking you. What about the off roster HD doesnt fit this supposed criteria….? Cops arent buying on-roster models.
 
Youre the one that quoted my posts so seems pretty obvious why Id be asking you. What about the off roster HD doesnt fit this supposed criteria….? Cops arent buying on-roster models.
I guess it was the way you framed your question that distracted me from the fact that I had quoted your post earlier. I made my post because one of the Gun Shop Owner FFL’s earlier was saying how LEO’s were in fact snatching them up which led me to conclude that some of the old requirements were still in effect.

I no longer have any LEO contacts, but individual department armorers would recommend the criteria for approval by higher ups, who depending on department size, sometimes would have to clear it through city/county attorneys to weigh in.

Some are ok with drop safety only (1911 that generally means a titanium firing pin with overpowered firing pin spring) some require it to be drop safe by having a mechanical firing pin safety (1911 think series 80 or Kimber Swartz FPS).

All at the time that I know of had a minimum pull weight with manual thumb safety, 4lbs was the lowest I knew of, but cannot remember which department.

I will not name departments now because I haven’t been close to any LEOs/ Armorers or ranges for eight years.

But I do know off the top of my head SDPD and NCPD allow 1911’s so if you are San Diego local if you see one rocking a 1911 or 2011 ask them. If they are carrying one of those, they are probably older and into the gun culture.
 
Last edited:
So, like I said I went to the LGS that actually sells Staccatos and they were sold out waiting on new shipments. I want one, but first need to hold it in hand to know if I like the way it “Feels,” and how well I can manipulate the controls, etc. Those of us with smaller hands that is an even bigger deal.

That said, I did hold the Shadow Systems with a Comp. It felt perfect, weight/balance is outstanding. I know it will not be an apples to apples, but if the Staccato doesn’t fit my hands, I have a backup plan as the Shadow Systems seems to fix all of my Glock gripes and fit my hands like a glove. Not an OJ Simpson glove that is.

Not a money issue for me, I truly like both style (1911 - Glock style) platforms and can shoot equally well. I just happen to prefer hammer fired pistols.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1740.jpeg
    IMG_1740.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 3
So, like I said I went to the LGS that actually sells Staccatos and they were sold out waiting on new shipments. I want one, but first need to hold it in hand to know if I like the way it “Feels,” and how well I can manipulate the controls, etc. Those of us with smaller hands that is an even bigger deal.

That said, I did hold the Shadow Systems with a Comp. It felt perfect, weight/balance is outstanding. I know it will not be an apples to apples, but if the Staccato doesn’t fit my hands, I have a backup plan as the Shadow Systems seems to fix all of my Glock gripes and fit my hands like a glove. Not an OJ Simpson glove that is.

Not a money issue for me, I truly like both style (1911 - Glock style) platforms and can shoot equally well. I just happen to prefer hammer fired pistols.
If your close to Madera, I have one you can shoot and have one in stock.

Regards,

Vito
 
Back
Top Bottom