18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Staccato HD P4 thoughts/ fixes

ZeroFoxGiven

Lord Flaherty of the High Plains
CAguns Supporter
Messages
1,240
Classified ads
3
So I bought this about a month ago and have approximately 500 rounds through it.

I noticed the trigger shoe is too long for me, short fingers, and that the “hot spot” on beaver tail/ frame area is real and painful in web of hand. No other 1911 I’ve ever owned or shot, even 1911a1 caused this before.

The beaver tail fit is also horrendous. But it is not all bad, gun recoils mildly and is accurate, I mean accurate.

so I set to work to fix trigger, hot spots and beaver tail/ frame area fit and comfort.

Pics of the unsightly factory fit, if you run your nail across the line in catches on a huge “ridge.”

I knew what I was buying with a highend production gun and knew I would tweak it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2965.webp
    IMG_2965.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2966.webp
    IMG_2966.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Then butt loads of sanding
320
500
600
800
1000
1200

Just a few shots between sandings. Used a black marker to identify high/ low spots to make it a uniform shape.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2979.webp
    IMG_2979.webp
    42 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2978.webp
    IMG_2978.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2977.webp
    IMG_2977.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2976.webp
    IMG_2976.webp
    52 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Then the part I hate, cold blueing. After like 10 times the parts are all uniform. Has oil on it for next 24 hours while the blueing finishes the process so very shiny atm, sorry.

I will shoot, carry for a while before I cerakote it, probably FDE.

With just permablue in person you wouldn’t even know there was anything done to this.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3003.webp
    IMG_3003.webp
    136.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3001.webp
    IMG_3001.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2999.webp
    IMG_2999.webp
    82.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2998.webp
    IMG_2998.webp
    126.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Great stuff! I wouldn’t dare to do any of that, still debating if I want to swap trigger to red dirt.
It made a huge difference to me, no mag disconnect, straight trigger and overtravel screw make it perfect.

Just make sure you read their sizing chart to grab the correct length trigger
 
Once I hit about 1000 rounds down range I will then figure out what RDO I want to use. Have to try a bunch because of my astigmatism to see which works best.
I have a bad astigmatism in both eyes. Target focus makes this relatively a non issue HOWEVER if it really bugs you the big dots are always perfect circles to my eyes. 5-6.5 MOA inside 50 doesnt make a difference but at 50 and beyond its something you may have to work around.
 
It made a huge difference to me, no mag disconnect, straight trigger and overtravel screw make it perfect.

Just make sure you read their sizing chart to grab the correct length trigger
Also if this is one of the earlier HDs Staccato would have done the grip stuff for free. But nothing like doing it yourself.
 
I have a bad astigmatism in both eyes. Target focus makes this relatively a non issue HOWEVER if it really bugs you the big dots are always perfect circles to my eyes. 5-6.5 MOA inside 50 doesnt make a difference but at 50 and beyond its something you may have to work around.
🙏🏻 thanks for heads up.
 
It made a huge difference to me, no mag disconnect, straight trigger and overtravel screw make it perfect.

Just make sure you read their sizing chart to grab the correct length trigger
I did, and factory length size 3 should fit me best. I have two in the cart for couple of weeks lol (P4.5 and C3.6). Might wait a little longer for BF sales, or might pull trigger on tomorrow . Pun intended
 
I know it’s too late since you did the work already but Staccato had a lot of the early models get sent back for the hotspot issue. As well I’d say you may want to readjust your expectations of the gun as it’s tailored more towards a duty type 2011 and not a race gun

That being said the work looks solid.
 
I know it’s too late since you did the work already but Staccato had a lot of the early models get sent back for the hotspot issue. As well I’d say you may want to readjust your expectations of the gun as it’s tailored more towards a duty type 2011 and not a race gun

That being said the work looks solid.
It’s a carry gun for me so expectations as far as accuracy and recoil are spot on. But the beaver tail fit should be seamless at this price point regardless of being a production gun.

Knew what I wanted and why so the small fixes were not a deal breaker.

Great gun overall and no regrets 👍🏻
 
Back
Top Bottom