18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Staccato HD P4 thoughts/ fixes

Were you not concerned about voiding your lifetime warranty? Also, I like the red dirt trigger, but after running many rounds through the HD P4 and C4X, prefer the Infinity flat trigger. A bit thinner on the trigger bow, but has a more tactile front face and feels slightly better machined overall.

Red dirt does offer more length adjustment as the F1 is a length that infinity doesn’t currently offer for the HD trigger (nothing below short).

The other upgrade I’d recommend to most, even for carry, is the extended HD mag release if you’ve rendered your MD obsolete/inactive.

Factory Glock mags recess the mag catch pretty flush with the grip. Even with the mec gars the extended mag release still fits in holsters that partially cover it like for Tenicor.
 
Were you not concerned about voiding your lifetime warranty? Also, I like the red dirt trigger, but after running many rounds through the HD P4 and C4X, prefer the Infinity flat trigger. A bit thinner on the trigger bow, but has a more tactile front face and feels slightly better machined overall.

Red dirt does offer more length adjustment as the F1 is a length that infinity doesn’t currently offer for the HD trigger (nothing below short).

The other upgrade I’d recommend to most, even for carry, is the extended HD mag release if you’ve rendered your MD obsolete/inactive.

Factory Glock mags recess the mag catch pretty flush with the grip. Even with the mec gars the extended mag release still fits in holsters that partially cover it like for Tenicor.
If they void it because of cosmetic work oh well. I like to work on my own stuff when I can. I just don’t worry about 💩 like that tbh.

Personally do not like extended mag releases especially on a carry piece.

I also like smooth triggers faces with no serrations.

Everyone is different, in likes/ needs 👍🏻
 
If they void it because of cosmetic work oh well. I like to work on my own stuff when I can. I just don’t worry about 💩 like that tbh.

Personally do not like extended mag releases especially on a carry piece.

I also like smooth triggers faces with no serrations.

Everyone is different, in likes/ needs 👍🏻
Yah, very high likelihood they'll reject it for any warranty work or covering servicing costs if it's related or if they just decide to after inspecting the gun after intake. But, like you said, only really an issue if you run into an issue you expect them to cover, you could still pay out of pocket to have it fixed, or if you end up selling it the resale value takes a decent hit without the transferable lifetime warranty.

The problem really is since the HD is proprietary and they don't sell the parts separately besides some spare springs and pins, it's hard to service it yourself.

Hasn't been a problem in maybe 20k rounds I have on the HD platform though, so not a big deal.

I wish Staccato offered their OEM flat smooth faced trigger as an option or part (they look a bit better than the red dirts in my opinion and tend to be better fit), but they can't for CA models as that renders the tab on the trigger assembly that makes up the MD system.

As for the mag release, if you've not had issues, the stock one is fine. I just noticed it barely raises the mag catch height from the stock, but provides enough distance that you can actually do reasonably fast reloads with the glock OEM mags. Otherwise the combination of how recessed the mag catch is and the fact that the polymer mags don't drop freely as well in general, can bind or swell compared to the metal mags, etc., made it a problem to reload at speed and the extended mag catch was probably one of the best 30 second upgrades I did for cheap.
 
Last edited:
Yah, very high likelihood they'll reject it for any warranty work or covering servicing costs if it's related or if they just decide to after inspecting the gun after intake. But, like you said, only really an issue if you run into an issue you expect them to cover, you could still pay out of pocket to have it fixed, or if you end up selling it the resale value takes a decent hit without the transferable lifetime warranty.

The problem really is since the HD is proprietary and they don't sell the parts separately besides some spare springs and pins, it's hard to service it yourself.

Hasn't been a problem in maybe 20k rounds I have on the HD platform though, so not a big deal.

I wish Staccato offered their OEM flat smooth faced trigger as an option or part (they look a bit better than the red dirts in my opinion and tend to be better fit), but they can't for CA models as that renders the tab on the trigger assembly that makes up the MD system.

As for the mag release, if you've not had issues, the stock one is fine. I just noticed it barely raises the mag catch height from the stock, but provides enough distance that you can actually do reasonably fast reloads with the glock OEM mags. Otherwise the combination of how recessed the mag catch is and the fact that the polymer mags don't drop freely as well in general, can bind or swell compared to the metal mags, etc., the extended mag catch was probably one of the best upgrades I did.
More and more online stores are selling Staccato HD, etc small parts and springs.

Worst case, I could machine a replacement part , just a complete PITA and I hate math.
 
More and more online stores are selling Staccato HD, etc small parts and springs.

Worst case, I could machine a replacement part , just a complete PITA and I hate math.
Glad to see it. It's got good bones.

And yes. I've got one of the best marvel spec builders (Eric Mercier) doing a complete rebuild and enhancement + dual barrel setup on a spare Atlas frame I wasn't using and I'll be twiddling my thumbs for almost a year before that's ready. Maybe less before I can shoot it in the white to test it out and make any adjustments.
 
Back
Top Bottom