18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Stanislaus County CCW

Magnetic_FoST23

Member+
2A
2026 25+ 2
Messages
28
Hello, I am currently in the process for my CCW through Stanislaus County. I had my "interview" (fingerprints) done back at the end of March 2025. I haven't heard from them regarding any updates. My online account just says "processing order". Anyone gone through this process with Stanislaus County and care to share your timeline? I've searched here and Reddit, but not many recent posts around this topic. Thanks.
 
Hey man, do you have an update on your CCW process? My sister is thinking about applying and I would like to give her info on the process. I have my OC CCW and know the process here and from what I read online with SCSO, it's fairly similar. Thank you.
 
Hey man, do you have an update on your CCW process? My sister is thinking about applying and I would like to give her info on the process. I have my OC CCW and know the process here and from what I read online with SCSO, it's fairly similar. Thank you.
Any questions in particular?
 
About six months give or take. I had to wait about two months for the first interview, due to no available appointments. This was the initial interview which was going over the application and fingerprints. After that about two and half months before I heard again for the second interview. This was with the investigator working on my application and he cleared me to start the training. Got that done at Called2Arms (online class and in person shooting qualifications). After that I uploaded my certificate that same night and received an email to pick up my license the next day. So about six months at most. Go for it, I hardly recommend it.
 
About six months give or take. I had to wait about two months for the first interview, due to no available appointments. This was the initial interview which was going over the application and fingerprints. After that about two and half months before I heard again for the second interview. This was with the investigator working on my application and he cleared me to start the training. Got that done at Called2Arms (online class and in person shooting qualifications). After that I uploaded my certificate that same night and received an email to pick up my license the next day. So about six months at most. Go for it, I hardly recommend it.
Thanks man, much appreciated. I’ll pass this info to my sister.
 
Back
Top Bottom