18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Stay away from Cobra Tactical in Valencia. Story ahead ->

Cobra Tactical in Valencia should be ashamed of how they treat customers. This was easily one of the most blatant cash grab experiences I have ever had at an FFL.

A PPT transfer is a standard $47.19 in California. Instead, they charged me well above that amount and piled on extra fees with zero transparency. Yes, they charged for a gun lock, which I accepted without complaint. But on top of that, they tacked on nearly $25 to $30 in completely bogus fees that were never disclosed ahead of time.

When I called them out on it, their response was that they need these charges to keep the store running. That is not my problem, and it is not an excuse to squeeze customers. You already made money off the lock and storage related charges. The fact that you still felt the need to extract even more money tells me everything I need to know about how this shop operates.

Most FFLs in California do not pull this nonsense. Many will loan a lock, waive garbage fees, and actually try to earn repeat business. Cobra Tactical had every opportunity to make this right and chose greed instead.

As a result, I have reported this experience to the California Department of Justice and have shared it across multiple online firearms communities. People deserve to know which shops operate with integrity and which ones nickel and dime their customers under the table.

I will never return here and more importantly, I will actively advise people in both Southern and Northern California to stay far away from this place. There are far better FFLs out there. Cobra Tactical is an embarrassment to the community.

Proof: View attachment 149551
They are absolute trash. The wife runs the office. I brought them 5 high end pistols. They were able to sell one and the rest sat on their shelves for months. I called asked if there was no interest in the rest to ship them back to me. They agreed. During the time it took to package them up, one of my Wather’s sold. They kept 35% of the sale for BOTH pistols AND added $300 for “shipping and handling.” Total scam artist. We agreed on 20% fee because of the price the pistols would sell for. I would’ve never brought them the pistols at 35% commission. I should’ve reported them further but I live in the Bay Area and not worth my time.
 
They are absolute trash. The wife runs the office. I brought them 5 high end pistols. They were able to sell one and the rest sat on their shelves for months. I called asked if there was no interest in the rest to ship them back to me. They agreed. During the time it took to package them up, one of my Wather’s sold. They kept 35% of the sale for BOTH pistols AND added $300 for “shipping and handling.” Total scam artist. We agreed on 20% fee because of the price the pistols would sell for. I would’ve never brought them the pistols at 35% commission. I should’ve reported them further but I live in the Bay Area and not worth my time.
That's really unfortunate if there was a prior agreement on a 20% fee. Did you ever get the money (the difference between 20% and 35%) or did they keep it and you wanted to just be done with them?
 
They are absolute trash. The wife runs the office. I brought them 5 high end pistols. They were able to sell one and the rest sat on their shelves for months. I called asked if there was no interest in the rest to ship them back to me. They agreed. During the time it took to package them up, one of my Wather’s sold. They kept 35% of the sale for BOTH pistols AND added $300 for “shipping and handling.” Total scam artist. We agreed on 20% fee because of the price the pistols would sell for. I would’ve never brought them the pistols at 35% commission. I should’ve reported them further but I live in the Bay Area and not worth my time.

That's really unfortunate if there was a prior agreement on a 20% fee. Did you ever get the money (the difference between 20% and 35%) or did they keep it and you wanted to just be done with them?
They kept it. She just wouldn’t mail the difference. Not worth my time for small claims court. Shady as hell.
 
They are absolute trash. The wife runs the office. I brought them 5 high end pistols. They were able to sell one and the rest sat on their shelves for months. I called asked if there was no interest in the rest to ship them back to me. They agreed. During the time it took to package them up, one of my Wather’s sold. They kept 35% of the sale for BOTH pistols AND added $300 for “shipping and handling.” Total scam artist. We agreed on 20% fee because of the price the pistols would sell for. I would’ve never brought them the pistols at 35% commission. I should’ve reported them further but I live in the Bay Area and not worth my time.
Next time you want to sell a pistol on consignment, try 2A Zone Riverside. They only take 20% and they get a lot of foot traffic. The place near my house wants 30% with much less foot traffic. It's worth the drive, and there are plenty of guns to see and accessories/supplies to check out as well.
 
On your receipt charges 1, 2, 5, & 6 make up the $47.19 ($37.19 + $10). So, they really only got for items 3, 4 and the $10 cable lock. The law technical states they can charge additional fees as long as they don’t try to pass it off as the DROS fee. Turners has been charging a handling fee ever since I can remember.
 
On your receipt charges 1, 2, 5, & 6 make up the $47.19 ($37.19 + $10). So, they really only got for items 3, 4 and the $10 cable lock. The law technical states they can charge additional fees as long as they don’t try to pass it off as the DROS fee. Turners has been charging a handling fee ever since I can remember.
I’ve done dozens of PPTs. No store has charged me more than $47.19 in fees. Unfortunately, these scumbags are clearly struggling that bad where they need to do this. It’s all good though, karma will catch up to them.
 
its 2026 and they still charge for covid impact fee is wild. I did a ppt back in 2022 for over $70 and thought I got rubbed, it's not like I can't afford it but just the feeling of getting scammed...The owner also messed up my dros because he typed up wrong information and got super mad because he wasted drop fees and somehow I got the blame..He submitted it without my review and he was just a total ass. Never understood why they still in business either...

Also, if a place got near 5.0 review on google and owner replies to every review I stay the F- away from that place......
 
Last edited:
On your receipt charges 1, 2, 5, & 6 make up the $47.19 ($37.19 + $10). So, they really only got for items 3, 4 and the $10 cable lock. The law technical states they can charge additional fees as long as they don’t try to pass it off as the DROS fee. Turners has been charging a handling fee ever since I can remember.
In the event of a private party transfer (PPT), the firearms dealer may charge an additional fee of up to $10.00 per firearm.
Turners charge $10.
 
its 2026 and they still charge for covid impact fee is wild. I did a ppt back in 2022 for over $70 and thought I got rubbed, it's not like I can't afford it but just the feeling of getting scammed...The owner also messed up my dros because he typed up wrong information and got super mad because he wasted drop fees and somehow I got the blame..He submitted it without my review and he was just a total ass. Never understood why they still in business either...

Also, if a place got near 5.0 review on google and owner replies to every review I stay the F- away from that place......

100% the feeling of getting scammed is what rubs me the wrong way and the fact is these clowns have the DROS fee breakdown for the $37.19 + $10 handling fee ON THEIR WALL. Yet, you still get charged nearly double.

I’m going to make every effort to make sure DOJ gets involved and F-s them with this extra money they’re pocketing.

People like those burgers over there don’t even deserve to be in, let alone, stay in business
 
Back
Top Bottom