18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Question Stupid Question - Bumping an Ad

USMC06RET

Well-known member
Messages
800
I am not familiar with the term: "Bump" in relation to classified ads. I assume "to bump" means moving the ad to the top of the category or even to the top of the list of all active ads?

Would appreciate an explanation from anyone who has a moment, thanks.
 
I am not familiar with the term: "Bump" in relation to classified ads. I assume "to bump" means moving the ad to the top of the category or even to the top of the list of all active ads?

Would appreciate an explanation from anyone who has a moment, thanks.
There's a bump button on the listing. It brings it to the top of the main classifieds index page. In the past people used to use TTT or Bump, but that does nothing here.

You can currently bump once every other day.
 
Thanks very much @doser, I was not a Calguns user before I landed here and I have seen the term on both sites and on an ad I have placed here. I appreciate the explanation.
 
There's a bump button on the listing. It brings it to the top of the main classifieds index page. In the past people used to use TTT or Bump, but that does nothing here.

You can currently bump once every other day.
Good thing you mentioned that we can bump every other day. I was actually looking for that. Calguns allowed ever 24 hours but this isn’t bad I guess.
 
Good thing you mentioned that we can bump every other day. I was actually looking for that. Calguns allowed ever 24 hours but this isn’t bad I guess.
It’s limited for free accounts and might move to more depending on number of ads.
 
Back
Top Bottom