18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Open Substitutes to purchase a handgun with without a real ID and Passport

This is open for discussion or for the time being

D man

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
4
Hello, im trying to purchase a firearm, but I can't get a real ID or a new passport until December. I only have my drivers license that say"federal limits apply" and my FSC card, I also have a fishing license. Is there anything else I would need before I purchase a firearm?
I would like to discuss most of all options incase anyone else has this dilemma
 
A word of caution on the "birth certificate" - it MUST be a certified copy, NOT whatever the hospital spits out. You'll have to go to the county where the BC is recorded, provide your "fed limits apply" DL, and pay for an "official" BC...
 
If you're a naturalized citizen, your naturalization certificate works too. I had to use that when my passport expired and I didn't renew it on time.
 
Because I had a PO Box on my license, I used a vehicle registration.

So I would take my license, passport, FSC card, and a valid vehicle registration. That became a PITA so I just went ahead and got the Real ID.
 
My real ID was issued the same day with the required documents, so was the replacement when I though I lost it, with a new expiration date. PAX
 
Back
Top Bottom