- Messages
- 27
Used to commute past this place, probably a thousand times but never went in. Now that I got back into shooting, I was driving by on a Tuesday so popped up just to have a look. Talked to the guy in the ammo/info shed for a good while then went over to the check in. They gave me some earplugs, let me in to have a look around the pistol/rifle range area and chatted with the range masters for a bit. Members club but open to the public Tues & Sat.
I did go back a few weeks later with a couple of handguns on a Tuesday afternoon. $25 fee, shoot as long as you want, got immediately assigned to a stall. Free paper targets or BYO and metal targets as well. Just wish they had an option for handgun targets closer than 25 yards. They also have a trap range below which I didn't try, think it's $8/round. Best restrooms ever too!
Everyone was pleasant and helpful both times I was there. Membership isn't too bad at $500 initiation and I think $50/year as they are also a FFL so you can purchase firearms & ammo at a discount, plus discounted FFL transfer fees. As a member though, it is required to work so many hours at the range unless you do the premium membership.
I do have access to some private property used as a small range in the mountains and also looking into a private club but for me, SR&GC is only 30 minutes away so will likely go back occasionally as it's cheaper than Los Altos and closer than the Field Sports park in south SJ.
I did go back a few weeks later with a couple of handguns on a Tuesday afternoon. $25 fee, shoot as long as you want, got immediately assigned to a stall. Free paper targets or BYO and metal targets as well. Just wish they had an option for handgun targets closer than 25 yards. They also have a trap range below which I didn't try, think it's $8/round. Best restrooms ever too!
Everyone was pleasant and helpful both times I was there. Membership isn't too bad at $500 initiation and I think $50/year as they are also a FFL so you can purchase firearms & ammo at a discount, plus discounted FFL transfer fees. As a member though, it is required to work so many hours at the range unless you do the premium membership.
I do have access to some private property used as a small range in the mountains and also looking into a private club but for me, SR&GC is only 30 minutes away so will likely go back occasionally as it's cheaper than Los Altos and closer than the Field Sports park in south SJ.