18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Talk me out of a Beretta 1301

The steep curve and rather thick grip on the Beretta is very uncomfortable. You wouldn't notice unless you were carrying it for 2+ hours. I had a 391 urika and it was annoying out in the field hunting. Sold it and bought a Mossberg, I had better results as well. This new 1301 looks like it has a similar shaped grip, as do a lot of non American shotguns. This is what I lookout for now.
This is something you wouldn’t noticed until you go on a duck hunt. I love the 1301 from an around the house perspective but I think I’d probably concur with this if I was spending an entire day with one in my hand
 
This is something you wouldn’t noticed until you go on a duck hunt. I love the 1301 from an around the house perspective but I think I’d probably concur with this if I was spending an entire day with one in my hand
Upland game for me but yes. It was in my hands most of the time, didn't have sling studs and I didn't want to be the guy to deface it. It also had a 26" and on my new gun I put a 24". I can run a pump very quickly. Sometimes indeed less is more, but I have spent a lot of money to learn that. And I splurged on a couple grails myself but a shotgun for me is mainly for hunting. I bought it with an 18" and sold it after, needing the money. It literally sold within about 20 mins of listing it. 28" is ungodly long, but I do recognize the need for waterfowl of which I haven't had the pleasure to hunt. I've tried to get everyone around me to get their license to hunt and no luck, not much fun by yourself. Only about 3% of the population in ca hunts.
 
I bought the MAC Benelli M4 clone and freaking love it. Several hundred rounds of mixed ammo through it and early on there was one failure to eject s low base 8 shot round, otherwise flawless. Hella fun. It now has a red dot and a light on it and lives in the house.
 
Curious what the general feeling is on 410 as a defensive caliber. Would be very easy to handle but does it have enough stopping power?

Same fps, just less shot or lighter slug.

Think about this, S&W came up with the concept of the 410 revolver as a viable defensive handgun and it's still questioned out of a 18.5" barrel.

I switched and I'm fully committed to 410 even for bird hunting.

The mossberg's loading port length works better for 2.5" shells as they leave the right amount of space for your thumb to get behind them to push the shell into the tube. Save the 3 incher's for the SxS.

The guns are lightweight, recoil is light, shells are light, imo it's the most satisfying shotgun cartridge.
 
LTT 1301 is a beaut! Recoil is smooth. LTT also has a cool cable management! Check out https://langdontactical.com/ltt-heat-shield-with-labyrinth-cable-management/
At this point the only reason I would go with the LTT version is because it is offered in tungsten grey.

Can anyone offer info on how this process works? I place the order and when it's ready they will ship to an FFL of my choice?

What I DO NOT want to do is alter the overall feel of the 1301. I love the lightweight, length of pull, M-LOK, QD attachment points and texturing. I do not want to make the same mistakes I did on my Mossberg 590S. I got caught up accessorizing and it became too heavy (after being fully loaded with short shells) and uncomfortable to hold for an extended amount of time. The plan for the 1301 is maybe adding a green dot and of course a light.
 
Honestly if you’re not going to get a M4, I’d save the money and get the a300 patrol honestly. 1301 is a nice gun though. Shoots like my a400 xtreme plus.
 
I got the 1301 Mod2 as a gift for Xmas.

It's all done as far as accessories.

Limbsaver
Holosun 501G
LTT fastback mount
GG&G Aluminum mag tube cover w/M-Lok clamp
Vang Comp side carrier w/ extra card
HRT AWLS light

Waiting on a hi vis follower, Aridus charging handle and bolt release.
 
I ended up winning a bid on GB for 1500 for a 1301 tactical Mod 2 Grey. You can find deals out there you just gotta look.
 
Back
Top Bottom