18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

The 1911 is the best handgun

We didn't win those wars because of the 1911, that's for sure.

Horrible ergonomics, limited capacity, difficult manual of arms. It was killer in 1911. But by 25 years later, it was cute, but very, very retro.
 
They're nice to shoot but I wouldn't buy one any time soon. They're over 1000 bucks, I'd rather buy a nice DA/SA pistol instead.
 
There’s a reason 90% of my collection is made up of 1911s/2011s.. best shooting and handling pistols made. But the caveat is, they must be in 9mm! And highly customized!
 
Guess John Browning would disagree. So he started the design for the Hi-Power next ;)

JB's original "1911" was chambered for 38. It was only due to the demand of the US army for a 45, the 1911 45 ACP was born. JB never really satisfied with it, thus when opportunity came up, he upgraded the 1911 design and used it as the foundation for the Browning Hi-Power. Unfortunately, he passed before he was able to finish the design, so FN's Dieudonné Saive completed the final design.
 
Always loved the 1911
I guess I’m old fashioned also… I switch up from a G30 a XDS 45 but, I always keep my SS Colt Defender 45 on my carry list. 31529.jpeg
 
There’s a reason 90% of my collection is made up of 1911s/2011s.. best shooting and handling pistols made. But the caveat is, they must be in 9mm! And highly customized!
I will admit that my favorite and most customized 1911 I have is chambered in 9mm because it's cheaper to feed for the range. But I keep the .45ACP ones too because that's the OG experience.
 
Just my 2 cents....I believe every red blooded American should own a 1911.


Everyone's first 1911 purchase should come with a coupon redeemable for one of the following ;
a) a pound of applewood bacon
b) slice of apple pie à la mode
c) a baseball and catcher's mitt

:cool:🇺🇲
 
ohhh man here we go. dont get me wrong i love my 1911's and own several, but we are going to get some haters in here and its usually the glock guys that turn it into a pissing contest.
1 OF THE BEST. YES (TOP 3 FOR SURE)
HOF. YES
CLASSIC. YES
THE BEST. depends
 
My absolute Favorite since I got my first gun in the late 70's...A Colt 45 Gold Cup!
Still think that gun is the best one I've ever Owned! 100%
Gold Cups are kool pistols. Here is one made for the European market. It has the serial # on many of the parts.IMG_2169.jpeg
 
ohhh man here we go. dont get me wrong i love my 1911's and own several, but we are going to get some haters in here and its usually the glock guys that turn it into a pissing contest.
1 OF THE BEST. YES (TOP 3 FOR SURE)
HOF. YES
CLASSIC. YES
THE BEST. depends
THIS👆!!!

Those Glock guys…SMH
I actually own 3 but… there’s nothing like a 1911
 
THIS👆!!!

Those Glock guys…SMH
I actually own 3 but… there’s nothing like a 1911
There is no need for the disparagement of either. Simply stated, some folks like their firearms a certain way, and some like them another way. When done in jest it can be funny, but I’ve seen some get really worked up over it, even at shooting events in person.
Personally, I like both. Own numerous examples of both platforms (along with many others), and have been shooting Glocks since the first one ever came out; they now call our G17-G1 a “legacy” model, so it rests in the armory next to a early Colt 1911 commercial example. I guess we could call that a legacy model also….
Don’t even get me started on revolvers…🤣
 
Back
Top Bottom