18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

THE MOST God awful sight removal.

Time to soak it in hydrochloric acid. Won't touch stainless or steel but will eat through aluminum fast. Not sure about any coatings the slide might have. I believe it will strip any nitriding or blueing through.
 
Diamond Bar
I have a mill.
I am not that far from you.

I took the top of the sight off of my Tac Ultra by removing the roll pin and the elevator screw and there are 2 setscrews in the dovetail that keep the dovetail from moving in the slide.
 
Last edited:
I have a mill.
I am not that far from you.
Randal I contemplated driving out But somone is borrowing my car this week druing my available hours. I walked over to UPS and sent it off to get cut. For the purposed of this thread what do you think was used to install this sight?

At this point Im thinking they heated the an undersized slide dovetail, froze the sight and installed with a hydraulic press but not before applying whatever bonding agent Accuracy International used for the action to chassis bond on the old AW rifles. :ROFLMAO:

Sending you a PM for something else.
 
Last edited:
I have a mill.
I am not that far from you.

I took the top of the sight off by removing the roll pin and the elevator screw and there are 2 setscrews in the dovetail that keep the dovetail from moving.
yes I did the same thing. The entire sight sheard off except the dove tail portion and a small section with two circle dimples at the rear just behind the dovetail. When I couldnt get that very thing section to lift I knew they used something I was no match for. Not even a mm of movement. I still can't believe it.
 
yes I did the same thing. The entire sight sheard off except the dove tail portion and a small section with two circle dimples at the rear just behind the dovetail. When I couldnt get that very thing section to lift I knew they used something I was no match for. Not even a mm of movement. I still can't believe it.
Sight base is obviously cast or MIM.

ria-rear-sight.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom