18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

The New Glock V Model is Here

Having to put an empty mag to pull the trigger to start the disassembly process is.... not optimal

That would make sense.

I removed the mag disconnect from every pistol I ever bought which is why I didn't automatically think about the mag needed for the trigger to work.

OH well, it must make someone happy!
 
I am sure they made a deal with California: end Gen 3 and replace with V. I think we will see a bunch of models that we cannot currently get added to the roster.
Yes, that’s why i passed on the Gen 5 G19 for $1500 because Turner’s Outdoors advice me to just wait for it.. but regardless I’m NOT overpaying for a $580 handgun.
 
Yes, that’s why i passed on the Gen 5 G19 for $1500 because Turner’s Outdoors advice me to just wait for it.. but regardless I’m NOT overpaying for a $580 handgun.

That $580 you have in your head - won't be $580 after they release the next generation.

If you're mind is set on that price have you considered other brands?

I held a Canik recently that felt OK.

One of the things I appreciated about the Glock is that they don't have the unnecessary and offensively ugly warnings marked on them.

I'm running out of guns to buy just based on just that.
 
That $580 you have in your head - won't be $580 after they release the next generation.

If you're mind is set on that price have you considered other brands?

I held a Canik recently that felt OK.

One of the things I appreciated about the Glock is that they don't have the unnecessary and offensively ugly warnings marked on them.

I'm running out of guns to buy just based on just that.
I agree.I have a Gen 3 and 4, 19s, 34 and 26 for Glocks, however I rotate my EDCs w Echelon, Shadows, MP 2.0 and Rugers. I consider them all equals. Yes! I like the Canik’s FDE and trigger feel. I need to see some kind of a torture test because I really want to include it to my EDC..
 
Which would be easier from a tooling perspective?

1. Add "V" changes to Gen 3
2. Add MD and LCI to new "V" model
 
AB-1127 has a specific carve out to allow manufacturers to have previously roster approved guns re-approved without additional testing if they made changes specifically to prevent switch use:


With Gen V, Glock can kill the Gen 3 line (of which California has been one of its biggest markets) thereby simplifying its manufacturing, bring Gen V to the California market, and deal with the litigation aimed at it from California and at least 4 other states.

This is my understanding as well. They are going to allow the GenV to be grandfathered under the old roster rules i.e. before the LCI and mag disco requirements. I believe this was also mentioned on the CRPA YouTube Channel.

That said, I'm being cautiously optimistic. It would be great to have something new without the nanny state mandates.
 
I dont know who needs to come to terms with this but Glock isn't going to R&D anything to meet 1 states requirements. CA will never see the v on the roster and every needs to get over it. Not the end of the world.
 
This is my understanding as well. They are going to allow the GenV to be grandfathered under the old roster rules i.e. before the LCI and mag disco requirements. I believe this was also mentioned on the CRPA YouTube Channel.

That said, I'm being cautiously optimistic. It would be great to have something new without the nanny state mandates.

Grandfather a new model - that's a fantasy!
 
I dont know who needs to come to terms with this but Glock isn't going to R&D anything to meet 1 states requirements. CA will never see the v on the roster and every needs to get over it. Not the end of the world.
I don't have a horse in the game because I don't even like Glocks, but they kept producing gen 3s just for Ca for 20 years. Adding some writing next to the extractor and a mag disconnect isn't that big of a deal
 
The v stands for vasectomy....... Those things are DOA in free America. I guarantee bottles of champagne were popped at S&W, sig and ruger. The only hope they have is to sell these in CA where the market is limited. I can't even imagine walking into a gun store here in Florida and buying a glock now.
 
The v stands for vasectomy....... Those things are DOA in free America. I guarantee bottles of champagne were popped at S&W, sig and ruger. The only hope they have is to sell these in CA where the market is limited. I can't even imagine walking into a gun store here in Florida and buying a glock now.
vasectomies are awesome though you have to be crazy not to want one
 
Have you seen how you have to disassemble a Shadow System with a mag disconnect? Glock would rather dig Gaston up and throw him into the Danube before they allowed that to happen.
There is. I difference. Mine comes apart just like my glocks
 
The v stands for vasectomy....... Those things are DOA in free America. I guarantee bottles of champagne were popped at S&W, sig and ruger. The only hope they have is to sell these in CA where the market is limited. I can't even imagine walking into a gun store here in Florida and buying a glock now.
I really don't get this sentiment. In CA we get access to the latest gen of Glock without any neutering features. 100% of legal Glock users will also never know the difference between a Gen V and a Gen 5 either.
 
Join the Beretta gang! They basically have 2 models on the roster but they're both great =)

My G19 is for sale on the forum because lots of guys want Glocks and I already bought HK P2000 that my hands shoot really well.

I've always been a revolver guy and like DA triggers - for my hands the P2000 is half Glock half revolver!
 
Back
Top Bottom