18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

The New Glock V Model is Here

I really don't get this sentiment. In CA we get access to the latest gen of Glock without any neutering features. 100% of legal Glock users will also never know the difference between a Gen V and a Gen 5 either.
You don't have free access to the latest gens. You pay a premium for PPT.

There is no compatibility between gen v bodies and gen 5 slides. If you like to customize your glock there are no parts available for gen v.
 
Gen V is going to be the latest version, Gen 5 is dead. Folk like Johnny Glock are already making Gen V trigger parts, it isn’t hard given the changes being so few. I wouldn’t doubt that the future Gen 6 Glock is going to have all the anti switch features Gen V will have.
 
The only thing I see wrong with the gen V is that they didn't just make it MOS.

Other than that sounds like the GS video everything should feel the same .

I think the only way a V series Glock will make it to California if it's based on the Gen 3. That would seem to satisfy the requirements of AB-1127. But if Glock has already stated they are discontinuing the Gen 3, 4, and 5, not sure how this will all play out. Could be interesting.

Maybe they are going to make the Gen iii.
 
There is no compatibility between gen v bodies and gen 5 slides. If you like to customize your glock there are no parts available for gen v.
I don't really understand this. Regarding slides, obviously aftermarket folks will start making drop-in Gen V compatible stuff. People have just started getting their hands on the Gen V models this week, give it a little bit of time. Most people don't customize their slides outside of red dot cuts anyways, and Gen V slides can be cut the same way - see this IG post from Nameless. For the other stuff, the middle of the slide to the front is the same, if you want ports/slide cuts/ whatever.

The frames are also almost the same. If there's any changes that need to happen with trigger kits, I'm sure those will be solved pretty quickly. Apex is currently undergoing testing: "Glock Gen V - We are investigating the use of our kits in the Gen V models. We do not recommend our kit be installed or used in the V models until we finish our evaluation, drop test, and test fire." https://www.apextactical.com/apex-gen-5-glock-action-enhancement-kit-1-8009 and I'm sure the other folks are also working quickly to verify compatibility.
 
Gen 3 is history and we don't know when a new version will be on the roster.

Most of us already have a glock and other guns so this isn't end of the gun world.

lol sorry, this was meant as sarcasm, since they renamed gen 5 into Roman to be updated. Having to say Gen “ i , i , i” sounded ridiculous and funny to me.
 
I thought it's pretty funny too regarding the grip angle. However I do want to say for someone who didn't come from 1911, I have no problem with glock angle at all and I don't mind it.
I cannot belive he said the glovk grip angle is the best feature. It is literally the worst feature of glock. Ugh shill
 
I don't really understand this. Regarding slides, obviously aftermarket folks will start making drop-in Gen V compatible stuff. People have just started getting their hands on the Gen V models this week, give it a little bit of time. Most people don't customize their slides outside of red dot cuts anyways, and Gen V slides can be cut the same way - see this IG post from Nameless. For the other stuff, the middle of the slide to the front is the same, if you want ports/slide cuts/ whatever.

The frames are also almost the same. If there's any changes that need to happen with trigger kits, I'm sure those will be solved pretty quickly. Apex is currently undergoing testing: "Glock Gen V - We are investigating the use of our kits in the Gen V models. We do not recommend our kit be installed or used in the V models until we finish our evaluation, drop test, and test fire." https://www.apextactical.com/apex-gen-5-glock-action-enhancement-kit-1-8009 and I'm sure the other folks are also working quickly to verify compatibility.
I think he meant that for people like me who only have gen3 frames, I cannot use gen V slides at all. I can only use gen3-5 slides which are easily accessible on GB or ebay.
 
People are delusional if they think the Gen V is making it to the roster. As mentioned upthread, they would need to modify Gen 3s to qualify under 1127 as written. Not to mention, the cruciform trigger bar is still there. That whole exemption was propaganda from the beginning.
 
People are delusional if they think the Gen V is making it to the roster. As mentioned upthread, they would need to modify Gen 3s to qualify under 1127 as written. Not to mention, the cruciform trigger bar is still there. That whole exemption was propaganda from the beginning.
Nod. Hence the fact the slide is not compatible is an even bigger issue for us.
 
I'll be happy if a Glock 20/21 with better grip texture and short frame of the Gen 4/5 makes it onto the roster.

I still think they made a deal with CA.
 
I'll be happy if a Glock 20/21 with better grip texture and short frame of the Gen 4/5 makes it onto the roster.

I still think they made a deal with CA.
LOL, yeah, to continue agency sales. Look, the Gen 5s are not on the roster. The Gen V is a modified Gen 5. It's not going back on the roster, because it was never on the roster to begin with. Gen 3s are going away completely, there's nothing to exempt to get back on the roster. Why is this so hard?
 
I don’t have Reddit but is this true? Gen V switch already? I only saw a pic so I don’t have the link to see what anyone said. IMG_7200.jpeg
 
Damn I had hopes of a LCI and mdm being added to a V, but that probably won’t fly now.

They should just go back to Gen 5 lol.
 
Yeah, I was also taking a wait-and-see approach. I thought it was plausible that they could use a Gen V to say that they were modifying the Gen 3s in accordance with the statute in some sort of backroom deal so that they're not readily convertible. But if this switch is basically good to go, then I can't see CA being OK with this. Perhaps this change + the glock performance trigger bar for CA to remove the "cruciform" part.

Glock obviously is under pressure outside CA too, so the minimal changes with Gen V might not do much for them in the other lawsuits around the country.
 
I am not sure of the exact language of AB1127 but it seems to ban any pistol with a cruciform trigger bar (Glock, Shadow Systems, Derya DY9). The Shadow Systems pistol's backplate isn't even compatible with the Glock backplate, do the Glock switch fit the SS pistols? Will the Glock V series be actually compliant with AB1127 to be grandfathered in since it still uses the cruciform trigger bar?
 
I am not sure of the exact language of AB1127 but it seems to ban any pistol with a cruciform trigger bar (Glock, Shadow Systems, Derya DY9). The Shadow Systems pistol's backplate isn't even compatible with the Glock backplate, do the Glock switch fit the SS pistols? Will the Glock V series be actually compliant with AB1127 to be grandfathered in since it still uses the cruciform trigger bar?
Gen 5 was never on the roster to start with, so the exemption under 1127 doesn't apply. It's clear as day, did no one read the actual bill? Glock would have had to modify Gen 3's and only enough to render switches incompatible to be accepted BACK onto the roster.
 
Back
Top Bottom