18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

The Original Bob Sled AR15

Smittty

Well-known member
Messages
265
Classified ads
1
I've had mine for a while and used it today for the first time in a long time. It was a very satisfying way to shoot from the bench, enough that I thought I'd share this with some of you may have never tried it.

I like it and recommend trying it!

1765102031003.png
 
Last edited:
I still have mine from my High Power Service Rifle days.
 
The original "fixed mag".

I'm using it with a DYI maglatch because they are just too much money for something I can make myself.

1/16 thick cutting disk for the dremel and tiny piece of scrap 1/6" thick sheet metal to make a key, and you're good to go.

This is a photo of the maglatch kit that cost $60 plus shipping.
1765138971900.png

The bobsled is also kind of expensive and can be a DIY part, but it has that spring loaded pin that actuates the bolt catch and that complexity makes it easier to justify imo.

1765139724780.png
 
Back
Top Bottom