18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

The wife wanted a bigger red dot

Punkur67

Active member
Messages
140
Classified ads
1
I bought the wife a "Banshee" SP01 from wicked arms a few years ago. Whe made some changes at home that she wanted including toni systems grips and magwell, converted to SAO, and changed some springs. The gun came with a 507k and the wife liked it. She went out a couple weeks ago and came home asking how hard it would be to put a bigger red dot on.

20230506_105755.webp

I ordered a RMSC to RMR Adapter Plate from cross armory. Unfortunately the gun had 3mm threads for the 507k and the plate was cut for 4mm. I looked everywhere for the correct hardware to get the job done. Eventually I said screw it and tossed the slide in my RF30 mill. I drilled and tapped the slide to the bigger 4mm and everything went together with ease.

12874.webp

12873.webp

20260314_171005.webp

I am not gun smith or machinist but pretty handy. It was definitely unsettling drilling in to a perfectly good firearm. I'm glad this was an easy and successful project
 
Nice work! 507 Comp is pretty awesome, how does she like it?
She shot the 507comp on my MPA DS9 and said she liked it way more than the 507k. She also liked the SRO on my CZ and DWX. So I pot the 507 Comp on her CZ and put an SRO on my MPA

I personally like the SRO better. The SRO bezel is thinner and doesn't look like you are looking down a square tube as much as the 507 comp. This was win win for me. The wife got what she wanted and I got an SRO.
 
She shot the 507comp on my MPA DS9 and said she liked it way more than the 507k. She also liked the SRO on my CZ and DWX. So I pot the 507 Comp on her CZ and put an SRO on my MPA

I personally like the SRO better. The SRO bezel is thinner and doesn't look like you are looking down a square tube as much as the 507 comp. This was win win for me. The wife got what she wanted and I got an SRO.
Can’t go wrong with that!
 
Nice! Have never taken the drill press dive… all the holes for pins in my custom knife handles are sliiiiightly angled but I get close enough to straight for that purpose and grind down the head so you’d never notice. Don’t think I’d mess with a slide without a proper press though.

Wanna do mine?
 
Nice! Have never taken the drill press dive… all the holes for pins in my custom knife handles are sliiiiightly angled but I get close enough to straight for that purpose and grind down the head so you’d never notice. Don’t think I’d mess with a slide without a proper press though.

Wanna do mine?
Too worried to mess up someone's gun. If I messed up my wife's the repairs would be my cost from my mistake. I used a RF30 round mill. They can be found for $500-1000 used. Many companies rebrand them like jet and grizzly.

Screenshot_20260315_175413_Home Depot.webp
 
I bought the wife a "Banshee" SP01 from wicked arms a few years ago. Whe made some changes at home that she wanted including toni systems grips and magwell, converted to SAO, and changed some springs. The gun came with a 507k and the wife liked it. She went out a couple weeks ago and came home asking how hard it would be to put a bigger red dot on.

View attachment 165769

I ordered a RMSC to RMR Adapter Plate from cross armory. Unfortunately the gun had 3mm threads for the 507k and the plate was cut for 4mm. I looked everywhere for the correct hardware to get the job done. Eventually I said screw it and tossed the slide in my RF30 mill. I drilled and tapped the slide to the bigger 4mm and everything went together with ease.

View attachment 165773

View attachment 165774

View attachment 165770

I am not gun smith or machinist but pretty handy. It was definitely unsettling drilling in to a perfectly good firearm. I'm glad this was an easy and successful project
I would say you ARE a gunsmith now. Having the confidence and skill to drill into a perfectly good SP-01 is not for the uninitiated. Well done! The 507 Comp (green) is my favorite optic too, especially for the money.
 
Too worried to mess up someone's gun. If I messed up my wife's the repairs would be my cost from my mistake. I used a RF30 round mill. They can be found for $500-1000 used. Many companies rebrand them like jet and grizzly.

View attachment 165876
I was just kidding, well done though! It’s a good feeling putting those tools/skills to use especially to fix/upgrade something for the lady!
 
I would say you ARE a gunsmith now. Having the confidence and skill to drill into a perfectly good SP-01 is not for the uninitiated. Well done! The 507 Comp (green) is my favorite optic too, especially for the money.
I have done plenty of triggers, ar builds, 1911 builds, cz builds, bolt gun builds, and bolt gun barrel swaps. Just haven't drilled in to a perfectly good gun yet...... till now
 
I'm sure this is more than adequate, however if you wanted an optic to sit lower and not use a plate the K footprint has the same hole and stud pattern as the Delta point pro, the latter just has a longer body. So you can get it milled out a bit more. Only saying it for information sake, like I said I'm sure the plate is perfectly practical and surely less expensive if you already have the optic. The rmsc, k, dpp footprints are better for narrow slides like CZs and 1911s
 
I'm sure this is more than adequate, however if you wanted an optic to sit lower and not use a plate the K footprint has the same hole and stud pattern as the Delta point pro, the latter just has a longer body. So you can get it milled out a bit more. Only saying it for information sake, like I said I'm sure the plate is perfectly practical and surely less expensive if you already have the optic. The rmsc, k, dpp footprints are better for narrow slides like CZs and 1911s
Thanks for the info. That's good to know.

My SP01 was cut for a plate and SRO. I think they look odd with a narrow slide and wide rds. I looked at other dots with the 507k footprint but had the 507 comp already. This seemed like the best option.
 
Thanks for the info. That's good to know.

My SP01 was cut for a plate and SRO. I think they look odd with a narrow slide and wide rds. I looked at other dots with the 507k footprint but had the 507 comp already. This seemed like the best option.
yeah I think the biggest K dot is the EPS, it's a good dot for sure but the comp is way bigger. This is mine with the DPP direct mill it still overhangs but it's not too crazy. At the end of the day I just want it to work haha.

PXL_20260316_022010149.MP.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom