18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Thinking about purchasing a CZ97B .45 Looking for comments about this model sidearm.

That was one of the ones on my short list. Do you own one? Also was thinking about the green dot version, do you have any thoughts on that?
Yeah, I have a 507 Comp on several pistols and really like it. Sight picture is great and I like the different reticle settings for different use cases. I have both green and red and lately have found myself gravitating more toward red dots. The boxy shape of the optic seems to be a natural fit on the profile of the FNX too. I'd also look at the 508T if you'd like to go with something a bit smaller, or 509T if you prefer an enclosed emitter, depending on intended use, of course.
 
Yeah, I have a 507 Comp on several pistols and really like it. Sight picture is great and I like the different reticle settings for different use cases. I have both green and red and lately have found myself gravitating more toward red dots. The boxy shape of the optic seems to be a natural fit on the profile of the FNX too. I'd also look at the 508T if you'd like to go with something a bit smaller, or 509T if you prefer an enclosed emitter, depending on intended use, of course.

Would you tell me the pros and cons of both the red and the green? I know that green is the easiest color for the human eye to perceive.

Thanks for all the input on the other options. You seem like a Holosun fan. Are there any other brands that you like as well?
 
Would you tell me the pros and cons of both the red and the green? I know that green is the easiest color for the human eye to perceive.

Thanks for all the input on the other options. You seem like a Holosun fan. Are there any other brands that you like as well?
Red vs green seems to really come down to the individual user as far as what color you see better. My eyes tend to pick up the red easier than the green, but I still keep green dots on a few pistols and practice with them to train my eyes a bit more with the green. Definitely a Holosun fan, but the red dot run the most is the Trijicon SRO. Nice big window and crisp dot. Can’t go wrong with that one either, just figured the shape of the Holosun optics I mentioned would fit nicely with the design of the FNX. The 507 Comp is my 2nd favorite dot behind the SRO. I also recently started working with the RMR HD and while I like the window size, I’m still not fully comfortable with the reticle on that one and often end up going dot only with it.
 
Red vs green seems to really come down to the individual user as far as what color you see better. My eyes tend to pick up the red easier than the green, but I still keep green dots on a few pistols and practice with them to train my eyes a bit more with the green. Definitely a Holosun fan, but the red dot run the most is the Trijicon SRO. Nice big window and crisp dot. Can’t go wrong with that one either, just figured the shape of the Holosun optics I mentioned would fit nicely with the design of the FNX. The 507 Comp is my 2nd favorite dot behind the SRO. I also recently started working with the RMR HD and while I like the window size, I’m still not fully comfortable with the reticle on that one and often end up going dot only with it.

Again, thanks! I'll check them all out!
 
I believe this firearm to be the most underrated pistol out there. I don't know whether it just doesn't have the sexy wow factor with the general public, but it's an incredible shooter and extremely reliable. Now that all czs have dropped off the California roster it'll be virtually impossible to find one of these for under $1,000
 
Back
Top Bottom