18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Thinking about purchasing a CZ97B .45 Looking for comments about this model sidearm.

I have average size hands and have never had an issue with the grips size of tactical sports. I have a few 97b and they don't fit my hand as well. That being said I love 45 so I make it work. They seem to be going $1k+ at this point even outside of CA. I've never met a CZ I don't like so I'd say if you can find one at a reasonable price and it fits your hands I would snag it
 
my two cents. the CZ97 is a really nice gun IF your hands are big enough. I have regular/average size hands. I find the USP grip profile to be sorta at the upper edge of what I can do comfortably. that being said overall im not a big guy and the USP expert is sorta....silly big. I can get the "expert" experience with a regular USP by putting in the match internals (which I did) so that's why my expert is for sale/trade. that being said. the USP trigger is NEVER going to be what you can get with a 1911 or many of the other hammer fired guns like the CZ97. HK prioritized NEVER FAIL vs break like glass super light triggers etc... also the USPs are "plastic fantastic" so they dont have that bulk to eat up recoil like an all metal gun will

also my 2 cents. sig p220 legion SAO if you want an all metal gun that isnt a 1911. more grip options, it's still made, it's .45, the legions have damn smooth slides and the SAO trigger is damn good for factory, non 1911.
 
I’ll throw in my own nearly worthless 2 cents. I have a Glock 21 with a ton of mags and some extended 140mm mags as well. Great rig but thick.

I’m not a huge 1911 fan, but if I had to choose between a single stack 1911 and the massive thickness of the staggered 10 round CZ 97 I’d buy,,,,,,,, a Sig p220. SA/DA, single stack, cheaper mags, just as accurate.
 
Re: 10mm on CZ97. Barstow made a the conversation barrel for CZ 97 for CZ custom only. Barstow would not take my order directly.
Regardless, the those who went through the conversion reported reliability issues. FYI.
 
You're probably getting the point from the comments about DA reach, but from what I remember (had one and sold it) is that it wasn't so much the grips were big (which they are) but they are long (front to back). I believe you can replace the slide lock lever (which is short) with a SP-01 slide lock lever, which is a little longer and that helps with one of the "controls" issue. I had mine converted to SAO and had Cajun Gun Works do its barrel bushing service. Real tack driver, but IMO hard to justify that much bigger of a gun with only a 10 round capacity.
 
The title says it all. Came across a previously owned CZ97B. I have no experience with this make and model of weapon, was hoping some of you might offer some comments. Thanks in advance.

I tried it once and thought it was clunky. I disliked it.
 
2 more thoughts, unless you grossly overpay for it, if you don't like it, should be easy to resell for what you paid. Second, being recently discontinued, magazines are still available for reasonable price. Would buy now.
 
Replying to my own post. I went and checked out the CZ97B today. I wasn't pleased that the finish was bluing instead of parkerized and it felt a little small in my hands. Not as small as a 1911 but not what I was expecting from all the comments.

I very much appreciate all of the input from everyone! Thank you very much!
 
Replying to my own post. I went and checked out the CZ97B today. I wasn't pleased that the finish was bluing instead of parkerized and it felt a little small in my hands. Not as small as a 1911 but not what I was expecting from all the comments.

I very much appreciate all of the input from everyone! Thank you very much!
Blued version is older and much harder to find. If the bluing is in good shape I'd want it even more. If you decide to pass on it and it's in So Cal I'd appreciate knowing where it is
 
I have one. Its a great .45 auto. Get Cajun to do the "E Conversion" on it. Turns the pistol into an Olympic sprinter. Just be warned, its a few month wait while they are converting it. But its worth it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom