18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Thoughts on PSA?

I've had great luck with PSA. Awesome products at prices that can't be beat.

For those items they won't ship to CA, a middleman FFL works wonders. That's how I got the MK12 clone they were offering.

My latest from them was the H&R DOE clone (PSA owns the H&R brand now, and it's used for their retro stuff). Super-cool bit of kit.
 
I haven’t had any luck with them. I had a couple barrels start to lose accuracy around 2000 rounds and a bolt whose locking lugs started peening around 3200 rounds
 
The one I bought before the new law was CA compliant right from PSA themselves.

For whatever reason towards the end of last year they would not ship me a firearm that was California compliant and showed California compliant on their website. The hardest thing is to order an AK or any semi-auto that has evil features. That's why you generally don't see a whole lot of PSA AKs or complete ARs with a PSA lower for sale in the classifieds
 
I have one of their lowers, the spacewalker.

Tight and works fine, paid fifty bucks for it.

Barrels are where you're spending a little more, it's worth it. White Oak, Criterion and others fit the bill.
 
I have 2 uppers from them 10.5 m lock rail and a 16m4 style. Both on aero lowers but they both function and no issues on either.

The sbr I use the psa bolt bcg thay came with it and the 16 I have a toolcraft. Accuracy seems to be good they hit where I aim but I haven’t put them on a bench.

Now both are running supersafety frt set ups and will cycle a complete mag without any issues. Alm usgi,lancer and a magpul.The sbr has been set up like this for over a year the 16 about 3 months. If they can cycle without a problem that’s a good thing.

Yes I know there’s better they ain’t top tier but a good mid grade set up for sure.
 
Looks like mine. My only complaint is it seems significantly heavier than friends guns. Might be the metal hand guard. I also have a 1-6 on it but that should only weighs about 20 ounces with the mount.
Yeah, but then I pick up my first build, which has a Noveske upper with the machine-gun steel barrel and aluminum quad rail, and reinforces what a pig my initial build is (even though I still love it).
 
Looks like mine. My only complaint is it seems significantly heavier than friends guns. Might be the metal hand guard. I also have a 1-6 on it but that should only weighs about 20 ounces with the mount.
With my psa uppers i have the 10.5 with railed handguard and one of their m4 style uppers.When i put the 16 together is felt light.I compared it by feel to my 10.5 and the 16 does feel lighter.Not sure why i do have a small red dot on the 10.5 but its also very light optic and i dont think its the reason for the wieght difference.
 
I've used a few uppers from them over the years. a jakl, akv and arv. No issues. I would buy again if needed.

They actually have an upper right now on sale for $159 that i might get just to build with the extra parts that i have accumulated over the years.
lol yeh my 16 inch upper was 140-150 without ch and bcg I think on sale. Damn psa clearance sales get you. I had a complete aero lower built and just wanted another complete rifle so bought it.

I still plan to buy a bcm upper but the psa will do for now.I don’t care if I shoot out the barrel since it’s running an FRT.
 
They make budget products. Sure they are innovative but you’ve got innovators like Kel-Tec and then you’ve got innovators like B&T. High volume mid quality products at a low price point vs low volume high quality products at a high price point. You’ll be better off with an B&T APC over a PSA Jakl but is it really worth 3-4 Jakls? Same thing goes with a Turkish made MP5 clone or HK’s German made one.
 
Good to go BUT

have a gunsmith go thru the WHOLE rifle and torque check everything

From my sample size, out of maybe 7-10 uppers, 3 of them had a loose barrel nut.

My first AR back in 2012 was a PSA when FN made the premium barrels
Overgassing is not ideal but it is not the worst thing, 99.8% of commercial gun owners wont have to worry about a cam channel wearing out in an upper receiver

plus if it cycles .223 AND 5.56 then you win.
It’s the definition of insanity you’d have to even think of any of this with a new rifle that’s complete slop manufacturing
 
I once bought a complete upper that was assembled incorrectly and the barrel's feed ramps were not in the 6 o'clock position. (Huge error of course) But they made it right and sent me a replacement after sending it back.
 
Back
Top Bottom