18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Thoughts on the Stacatto HD P4?

bcj68

Well-known member
Messages
208
I'm considering looking at one of these - I still have a lot of G17 mags that I could use with it.

Does anyone have any feedback, good or bad?

Thanks!
 
Opinions may vary, But I freakin love mine!! Got a nice RMRHD on it and it's a beauty.
I got the (obviously) CA compliant model....but kinda wish I could have snagged one with the open serrations.
My opinion only as you have to be the ultimate judge. Little pricey but hey....you only live once
 
Personally I'd get a Platypus or XP Pro through SSE. Much cheaper, just as nice but with arguably better features, and doesn't have that trash rear sight placement
 
I prefer my P over the HD, but I still use the HD for duty use. I'd say if youre gonna spend the money on a staccato, the updates on this aren't worth it.
 
I have a 3.6 and would gladly buy the other CA models. I just got other priorities in life like buying cases of ammo, buying CA gas, and eating out.
 
I have an HDP4, and it is a solid gun. Albeit expensive, it is well-made. Staccato customer service is very good and responsive to questions, issues, etc. It really depends on what your needs are for buying it and whether you want to invest in a 2011 platform. Plus, they can use Glock mags if you have compatible ones. The downside is that it has to comply with CA gun regs, so it comes with all the nonsense that is required.
 
Back
Top Bottom