18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

To Port or to Radian ramjet+afterburner a Glock 43

Messages
464
Classified ads
1
I just happen to have 3 complete slides for my G43. One is a Suarez with Holosun 507X2 which I do not think would work well with a ported slide. I may be wrong if so please advise.
The other 2 are plain Glock slides. If I did the Radian I could switch to any of the 3 slides. If I ported it would only be one of plain slides, I am still on the fence about even doing it.
I do not know the average cost of porting a slide. Also, would I just port the slide or slide and barrel. Would like your input on companies that do what I am asking. Your opinions would be appreciated.
 
Monsoon Lucky 3 it. About $260 all-in for port & cerakote, 14-16 week lead time (you send it in near the tail end of the leadtime). Get a second OEM barrel so you can swap back and forth if you'd like.
 
I just happen to have 3 complete slides for my G43. One is a Suarez with Holosun 507X2 which I do not think would work well with a ported slide. I may be wrong if so please advise.
The other 2 are plain Glock slides. If I did the Radian I could switch to any of the 3 slides. If I ported it would only be one of plain slides, I am still on the fence about even doing it.
I do not know the average cost of porting a slide. Also, would I just port the slide or slide and barrel. Would like your input on companies that do what I am asking. Your opinions would be appreciated.
I ported my 43x and it shot flat. Personally for the cost I would port it over ramjet. With ramjet that 43 turns into a 48. I would go through pew pew cnc he is located in Ohio, or Brandon Precision which is located in Orange County, BP has great communication, great pricing, and turn around time is fast. Let him know Reggie sent you and he will definitely take care of you. He does all of my work now.
 

mattn175​

So far so good. I am an average shooter but let a friend of mine who is a damn good shooter give it a try. First with regular 43 barrel then with the ported one and he really noticed a difference. Said it really shot flat. Same target same hold and its dead center while the 43-barrel shots were close but no cigar. Wish I would have taken a pic, maybe next time.
 
If your G43 is 10mm, then porting is a great idea. If it is the more-common 9mm, then improving grip strength is a better investment than cutting on the barrel and slide.
 
None bro, they never tell you its loud as F- and sucks balls to listen to. Think of it adding as much noise as it reduces recoil when you consider it

Reduces 30% recoil, adds 30% noise/loudness.

Broscience but gets the point across

POV: been next to a dude at an OUTDOOR range and he was rocking some comped pistol which sounded louder than the 308/6.5 bolts in the rifle bays lmaooo
 
Has anybody tried shooting plated bullets out of these ported pistols? Does plating rally shear off and send fragments all over or is that just lawyer speak?
 

Gryff​

improving grip strength
I am 77 blind in one eye and cannot see out of the other. Well at least the 77 is true. My grip strength is fine, every now and then I will take my S&W 329 Airlite out for fun. Also, for the price I wanted to give it a try and as an added bonus I have a spare barrel before SB407 might go into effect. When my buddy and I tried it out we were using FMJ RN 9mm and did not notice any fragmentation.
 
I just happen to have 3 complete slides for my G43. One is a Suarez with Holosun 507X2 which I do not think would work well with a ported slide. I may be wrong if so please advise.
The other 2 are plain Glock slides. If I did the Radian I could switch to any of the 3 slides. If I ported it would only be one of plain slides, I am still on the fence about even doing it.
I do not know the average cost of porting a slide. Also, would I just port the slide or slide and barrel. Would like your input on companies that do what I am asking. Your opinions would be appreciated.
I would go Raidian Ram Jet they are excellent. I been shooting them for awhile and would not look back. Cost would be the only draw back. So like said in posts if you cant afford training or ammo keep what you have. Maybe try and find a buddy that already has one and shoot his/hers for some comparisons.
 
Back
Top Bottom