18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW Torrance timeline

Sydwaiz

Member
Messages
37
Classified ads
1
Just in case anyone is curious, here is my timeline from start to finish.

11/6/25 Application submitted

2/12/26 Called for interview

2/17/26 Interviewed and Livescan same day

3/5/26 Go ahead for training

3/16/26 Completed live fire qualification after online course

3/17/26 Uploaded final documents

3/18/26 Received email CCW has been issued, text for pick up appt.

3/24/26 Picked up license!

I probably could have been done a week sooner if I did the in person 16hr class but I chose to spread it out over a week for online blended learning. And the CCW investigator likes to call multiple applicants in at once to hand off their license so I had to wait for that as well.
 
I made a few attempts to contact the detective by phone, then in-person at the PD, and to use the online application. No luck with any of them.
 
Right before I got called for my interview, I emailed the CCW department and politely asked what the lead time was to process applications. I did not mention my application number or anything. This was at the 3 month mark after applying. Got the standard email reply and then I think I received my call the next day or so. Coincidence? Maybe. Be patient. Investigator said he had about 85 applications at the time and I think he only works on them 2 days a week.
 
Right before I got called for my interview, I emailed the CCW department and politely asked what the lead time was to process applications. I did not mention my application number or anything. This was at the 3 month mark after applying. Got the standard email reply and then I think I received my call the next day or so. Coincidence? Maybe. Be patient. Investigator said he had about 85 applications at the time and I think he only works on them 2 days a week.
I haven't even been able to get an application, much less wait for it to be processed.
 
Back
Top Bottom