18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Trigger Work

5hundo

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
9
Classified ads
3
Hey everyone! I purchased a Traditions 1873 45 Colt clone a while back and I finally got around to shooting it. The trigger is quite honestly the worst trigger on a new weapon that I think I have every fired. I was thinking about taking it to a gunsmith to have it re-worked, or possibly just selling it. Before I did that, I wanted to ask if anyone else had any suggestions. Its a nice looking pistol and it shoots straight enough but the trigger is pure garbage.
 
What exactly is the issue? If it is just a heavy trigger pull then you can change to a lighter main spring. That is very easy to do.
 
If you give us a location we may be able to provide a better answer. NorCal? SoCal?
Oh yeah! Sorry... I need to do some work on my profile.

I'm in So Cal. Long Beach, to be specific.
 
What exactly is the issue? If it is just a heavy trigger pull then you can change to a lighter main spring. That is very easy to do.
Yes, the trigger is a bit heavy but that's not the only issue. If it were just that, I'd live with it. Safe to say its never gonna be my EDC.

In addition to the weight of the pull, it's really gritty and the action is kinda clunky. I'm sure a few hundred rounds would losen it up a bit but I don't think it will be enough. I was thinking about polishing the contact points but I've never worked on a single action, so I don't want to mess it up. Also, the ergonomics of the trigger are awful. The edges are kind of sharp and uncomfortable; the trigger itself is very thin anyway.

Maybe I've just been spoiled with my Blackhawk but I really was not impressed with this pistol.
 
Back
Top Bottom