18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Trijicon SRO vs 507 Comp vs 507 PROMAX

**refurbished**

I doubt you find many SROs getting refurbished. Just rehoused.
I see a good number of SROs break, they are not known for their durability and are advertised as "not duty grade" by trijicon. And trijicon warranty service sucks compared to vortex. They literally all break if you use them no matter what brand.
 
I see a good number of SROs break, they are not known for their durability and are advertised as "not duty grade" by trijicon. And trijicon warranty service sucks compared to vortex. They literally all break if you use them no matter what brand.
I deleted the second sentence right after I posted lol. Realizing it was an ill informed response.
 
Pretty cheap but also 5 moa too big
the smaller one is better but I find you can run the 5 moa a bit lower brightness vs like a 3 moa and it ends up looking similar. To my eyes at least the vortex 5moa is smaller than a holosun 5 moa but everyones eyes are a bit different
 
I historically have ever only purchased aimpoint and trijicon. I refused to purchase holosun for the made in china reason. Yes everything I buy if its not made in USA I do my absolute best to purchase the Japanese or Korean equivalent China made last resort.

Having run COA ACRO RMR RMRHD RCR SRO I recently purchased a PRO MAX red dot version just to see. The build quality and optical characteristics are as good as anything made here. Is it as Rugged as an RCR or RMR? Probably not, in fact most certainly not. But for strictly the shooting experience its probably the best thing going right now. But I just cant break with my personal feelings on its country of origin. Wish they would move to Japan. So mines for sale and the 1 of many Trijicons I own is going back on.
 
I historically have ever only purchased aimpoint and trijicon. I refused to purchase holosun for the made in china reason. Yes everything I buy if its not made in USA I do my absolute best to purchase the Japanese or Korean equivalent China made last resort.

Having run COA ACRO RMR RMRHD RCR SRO I recently purchased a PRO MAX red dot version just to see. The build quality and optical characteristics are as good as anything made here. Is it as Rugged as an RCR or RMR? Probably not, in fact most certainly not. But for strictly the shooting experience its probably the best thing going right now. But I just cant break with my personal feelings on its country of origin. Wish they would move to Japan. So mines for sale and the 1 of many Trijicons I own is going back on.
The fact holosun seems to directly support the PLA is actually very concerning
 
2.5 to 3 moa works great for me. If you want larger you can run it a little brighter. 1 is a bit too small and I would likely run it constantly at full brightness.
 
Only have about 2000 rounds through them on 2 different pistols, but I've been very happy with the Mepro MPO Pro-S. Downside is that as it's encapsulated, it uses a RMSc / Holosun k compatible plate and the sight side clamps to the plate so it sits a little higher. Picked up on for $216 and one from Freedom Guerilla for $249. About to mount on my Rock Island 9mm 1911.

It's big brother, the Pro-f, uses an RMR compatible plate. I think new Sig factory cut sides have holes that will work with RMR.
 
Last edited:
Only have about 2000 rounds through them on 2 different pistols, but I've been very happy with the Mepro MPO Pro-S. Downside is that as it's encapsulated, it uses a RMSc / Holosun k compatible plate and the sight side clamps to the plate so it sits a little higher. Picked up on for $216 and one from Freedom Guerilla for $249. About to mount on my Rock Island 9mm 1911.
How do you like RIA 9mm?
That was going to be my first firearm about 15years ago. That is until I discovered my (faux country) ex was anti gun.
 
The answer always ‘Pro Max’ haha!!
 
How do you like RIA 9mm?
That was going to be my first firearm about 15years ago. That is until I discovered my (faux country) ex was anti gun.
My was a FS tactical from about 2009. The frame, slide, and barrel are RIA. I gutted everything else. Mostly EGW parts and a fire control group from Extreme Engineering. More money in parts than the gun cost...;) I love it.

Headed off tomorrow to NC Engravers for the cut.
XwYVVPih.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom