18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Turners already taking pre-orders for Echelon Alpha?

Not sure. I know I tried to replace the sights on my buddies XD and we just gave up. My Springfield 1911 is the same deal, rear sight won't budge a bit no matter what I try. My sight pusher wound up just deforming the rear sight, no amount of heat, cold, or oil made a difference.
In my experience clamping the slide in a vice and using a hammer/punch is way better than a sight pusher.
 
Does the echelon also have the heat pressed in from factory issue for the iron sights similar to the Springfield XD; when replacing irons?

The sights are hard to budge. I experienced some roadblocks back when I wanted to replace to trijicon HD XDR (?) tritium sights. Maybe it was the universal vism front and rear sight pusher that have. I noticed that I was able to remove the front sight but not the rear; even when using a socket and ratchet. The vism doesn’t come with the correct jig to level the Springfield XD slide correctly. So, on install the front trijicon HD XDR sight bent; luckily primary arms replaced the whole set for me. The replacement I ended up just sending it to someone known in a different forum (has a website too) for replacing XD sites properly for $20 (not just banging it out); plus shipping and handling out of state.

I remember it was something like he had the old discontinued Fischer sight pusher that fit the XD slide properly. I wanted to buy it as an upgraded nicer sight pusher but it was sold out everywhere.
I just don't use irons, problem solved lol
 
I see the appeal especially with the new taxes you can get the cheapest gun possible then upgrade it later to your liking.
Its like the FCUs that SIG sells standalone so people can custom exactly what they want.

I ordered a few of these for stock at $599.99 we will see how well they sell.
 
Back
Top Bottom