18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Union City PD CCW inquiry

FMFdevildoc

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
7
Good evening all - I am unfortunately for the time being, a Union City resident. I used to be in a very permissive place (Tulare County) for CCWs. So now under the “new” CCW issuance paradigm, after the court decisions, Union City has their own CCW issue rules. The rules & process all seem fairly clear cut & transparent on their CCW site.

I have a few questions pertaining / specific to Union City PD’s CCW process:

1. The city contracted Psych eval - has anyone been through the U.C. process and seen the city contracted Psych provider? Overall how intrusive was the exam? I only ask this as I am somewhat ambivalent; I am treated by the V.A. for post traumatic stress injuries. I was career military & the short version is I dealt with some pretty rough stuff on deployments. I am otherwise healthy; have never been in crisis, never been hospitalized, no 5150s, never been in risk of harming myself or anyone else. I simply talk to therapists, to *appropriately* manage my feelings, as opposed to drinking or unhealthy coping mechanisms. In other words - I am 100% completely “stable”. I have read quite a bit that post traumatic stress is NOT necessarily a “disqualifying condition”

2. Overall timeline from submission to approval (or, god forbid, disapproval) - curious to see what you fellas have experienced with timeline. I read here on CalGuns and a few other places, UCPD has been around 4-6 MOS

3. I have read their range criteria - seems simple enough - 5 rounds at six different yardages. 30 rounds total if I read correctly. If you have a Union City CCW permit; what CCW class instructor(s) did you utilize? Any suggestions for locale to take the CCW class?
 
Back
Top Bottom