18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Unserviceable Guns

Looks like it got dropped... that's something that is not necessarily fixable, although I dealt with a FCG that had been dropped at the factory, and it was dinged on a corner pretty good, I was able to fix it up...

Factory screw ups are a potential reason for a replacement....
 
How does one take this apart and put it back together to fix it? The left side steel is thinner than right. You see thar uneven edge and wtf magwell cut? See the differences in steel thickness on the front of grip?

Maybe your assumptions are the first 3 letters of assumption.
Your picture shows an uneven CHAMFER.
The actual thickness looks to be the same on both sides.
That chamfer could be made even quite easily.
The uneven chamfer does not change how the mag fits one bit because the chamfer is only there to help align the mag as it starts into the magwell.
 
Your picture shows an uneven CHAMFER.
The actual thickness looks to be the same on both sides.
That chamfer could be made even quite easily.
The uneven chamfer does not change how the mag fits one bit because the chamfer is only there to help align the mag as it starts into the magwell.
The left wall was thinner than the right. But on front of grip, the left side was thicker than the right side.
 
Unless you're trapped in Cali, you guys need to get out and live a little.

If you believe the gun is unserviceable, you should just go to town on it to lear gun smithing. Most guns don't have that may moving parts. There are plenty of videos online to learn how to repair guns too.
 
Unless you're trapped in Cali, you guys need to get out and live a little.

If you believe the gun is unserviceable, you should just go to town on it to lear gun smithing. Most guns don't have that may moving parts. There are plenty of videos online to learn how to repair guns too.
This is CAguns, in case you didn't notice. Why don't you hang out in your state forums?

And I need you to take a steel barrel, and turn it into a 1911 grip. With pictures along the way. I'm sure you can learn on videos online.

Otherwise, I just read BS from you.
 
The left wall was thinner than the right. But on front of grip, the left side was thicker than the right side.
How many thousandths difference when frame wall thickness is actually measured?
Measure at the top of the frame where the cartridges pop up through the frame to feed into the barrel.
The bottom of the frame does not matter.
The chamfer is purely cosmetic as any amount of chamfer does the magazine alignment job just fine so there's no reason to measure the chamfers.
 
How many thousandths difference when frame wall thickness is actually measured?
Measure at the top of the frame where the cartridges pop up through the frame to feed into the barrel.
The bottom of the frame does not matter.
The chamfer is purely cosmetic as any amount of chamfer does the magazine alignment job just fine so there's no reason to measure the chamfers.
I don't have it anymore, but the magazine would not lock in unless you actually slam it hard.
Once it was locked in and one in chamber, it was loose, lots of mag play in the well.
They sent a new mag for possible fix before I had to send it out to them.

Its gone. Most people I'm sure don't want to pay RIA prices only for them to put more money in to actually make it usable.
 
This is CAguns, in case you didn't notice. Why don't you hang out in your state forums?

And I need you to take a steel barrel, and turn it into a 1911 grip. With pictures along the way. I'm sure you can learn on videos online.

Otherwise, I just read BS from you.
Thanks for letting me know, I have interest in the state still. Making money off of all the dumb laws they keep passing, family, business, friends, etc.
I have helped bring plenty of love into California, between OLL, freedom weeks and all that.
It appears you don't want those who have escaped the iron curtain to help those inside of it.
Kind of odd, thought the 2A community appreciated the help. There is always the exception to the rule and you seem to be it.

Keep on reading the BS while I keep helping those who desire it. You my friend, are part of the problem.
 
Unless you're trapped in Cali, you guys need to get out and live a little.

If you believe the gun is unserviceable, you should just go to town on it to lear gun smithing. Most guns don't have that may moving parts. There are plenty of videos online to learn how to repair guns too.

I'm a believer in learning how things work (or how they fail to work as expected/designed). Firearms are actually fairly simple as "things" go, yet also sensitive to minor tolerance variances in manufacturing or use. I've done enough minor "touchup" polishing, parts replacement/upgrades, and fiddling with 10/22 style builds to have a pretty good handle on what CAN be "serviced" to perform as expected...

I've seen more than a few firearms that were not functioning 100% as they should, where a little knowledge, some tools, and a bit of effort brings 'em around. I've also run into a couple guns that notably just wouldn't run reliably no matter what "adjustments" were applied, and were great for "malfunction drills'... so it does happen!
 
The price difference between forged steel and off-shore casting is a two night stay at Motel Six?

A straight no frills Springfild Armory 1911 five-inch 9mm or 45acp is all you need.
 
The price difference between forged steel and off-shore casting is a two night stay at Motel Six?

A straight no frills Springfild Armory 1911 five-inch 9mm or 45acp is all you need.
Yea, with a single pistol Glock 19 I had (i enjoy long guns more), I bought a SA 1911 Loaded Target black in 45 ACP to beat the argument of 1911 > Glocks, and then to cement that argument, I bought a SA 1911 Loaded Target stainless in 9mm.

Like many others before me have said, 1911 > Glocks.
 
Back
Top Bottom