18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Unwanted modal or modal on screen

Chupacabra

Ninja 🥷
2A
Messages
60
I have this modal or popup that appears in the lower right of my screen. It suddenly appeared and I can't close it. I don't know how it got there and I don't remember clicking on anything.


1730962798893.png
 
Same...will wait till Friday. ;)

W7F3jk0l.png
 
Add a general close button, generic exit "x", etc to the alert file so in future you know everyone saw it during the error event window.

Basic Web dev polishing to reduce future friction.
I didn’t add it in purpose to make sure people read it.

Edit: I can tell by the number of listings pretty much everywhere people click through and don’t read things.

An annoyed handful of you guys is less than the hundreds of people who will just click it and not know there’s a problem
 
Last edited:
I didn’t add it in purpose to make sure people read it.

Edit: I can tell by the number of listings pretty much everywhere people click through and don’t read things.

An annoyed handful of you guys is less than the hundreds of people who will just click it and not know there’s a problem
Then set any administrative functional notifications a full sized landing page per norms.

We have all seen a maintenance site/service advisory.

User activates the conspicuous action button and you go one step further by temporarily presenting users with the "fixed" View for the affected specifics.

When the perm fix or rollback has to happen then you make the choice for round robbin by user page habits or straight up blue/green. I wouldn't push a fix via blue/green.

Basic muscle memory running live Web applications.
 
I use those for other reasons. You’re comment is noted but get used to for some things based on my experience on this board. 🙂 If you’ve seen other updates we’re still trying different modalities
I'ts normal user pool logging from a purely computer science perspective.
I have to do a write up for a service owner on these overhead and friction reducing concepts bc I chimed in somewhere else.

The guy realized that I had started working with some of the people that wrote the actual books his product is based on.
Some person was mouthing off in a professional place about how to maintain 100mil users and this guy chimed in with his service factually supporting WAY more on a daily basis globally.
I threw some input to give him clarification and he was like, wait a sec........

It's not the raw bulk # of users or requests, but being able to drill down the users and run basic data structures and algos sorting to fit the users so you can serve them......while NOT driving yourself nuts or flogging your team.

Stuff we had to do in the late 90s or we literally lost whole populations of people.

It's muscle memory to me, I know how to run services the way some people know how to set commercial sewer pipe, schedule daily wholesale bakery runs, make 6 different kinds of lunch meat for liquor stores ready for delivery on contract weekly, etc.
 
Back
Top Bottom