18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Walther PDP Disassembly.........................

that's nice but are they going to ship that chunk of metal i use on my birdhouses to my doorstep?
Figure out a way to get the get/buy a frame block (tool) from ZRT…. 0r take your frame to a gunsmith and have them press it out…. That slide stop is really in there. That’s what I did.
 
These are what I used. Crescent wrench from Amazon and ZR tactical block. Hit it hard on the cement. Came out within a few hits.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8294.webp
    IMG_8294.webp
    173.1 KB · Views: 15
Have you taken that DPT trigger to the range yet? I'm still debating on installing one.
YES and i would highly recommend it. the trigger is crip and if you can ride the trigger... the follow up shots are sweet. If only a range toy would recommend ZR spring kit for the trigger. i left mine stock.
 
I put one of the Walther performance triggers in a PDP in either November or December and had no problems knocking the pins out or back into place.
 
I put one of the Walther performance triggers in a PDP in either November or December and had no problems knocking the pins out or back into place.
Same. Did the swap a couple weeks ago and it was about a 5 minute job. Just need to make sure the frame is well supported and the slide stop lever/pin is unobstructed.
 
I put one of the Walther performance triggers in a PDP in either November or December and had no problems knocking the pins out or back into place.

Same. Did the swap a couple weeks ago and it was about a 5 minute job. Just need to make sure the frame is well supported and the slide stop lever/pin is unobstructed.

What specific support and roll pin punches are you guys using? Always good to have more data points. Cheers 🍻
 
What specific support and roll pin punches are you guys using? Always good to have more data points. Cheers 🍻
I just kept banging with a full sized hammer on a roll of painters tape. The tape probably had too much give but it finally gave way. I've taken it apart a few times since and now it comes off easily. I installed the dynamic performance trigger. It's better than the Timney Alpha competition trigger with a Johnny Glock Vex shoe in my G19.5.
 
I just kept banging with a full sized hammer on a roll of painters tape. The tape probably had too much give but it finally gave way. I've taken it apart a few times since and now it comes off easily. I installed the dynamic performance trigger. It's better than the Timney Alpha competition trigger with a Johnny Glock Vex shoe in my G19.5.

That's reassuring to hear. Do you remember having any issues putting it back together?
 
None. It's just really hard to break the slide stop the first time. Are you removing the mag disconnect? Do it and buy the plug on eBay for the hole that will be in your frame.

Yup, it's my plan to do so in the near future. Already read about and bought the plug, but thanks for the heads up (y)
 
What specific support and roll pin punches are you guys using? Always good to have more data points. Cheers 🍻
1/2" painters tape for a bench block.
I don't recall exactly which punch, but I use starrett and mayhew USA made punches and I have a 2X pneumatic riveter that will drive them.
A pneumatic riveter is basically a variable-power air hammer.
 
Is there a step by step on how to remove the mag disconnect?
Disassemble gun.
Remove the mag disconnect.
Reassemble gun.
It's literally that simple.

If you can't figure it out with those instructions, you might want to have someone else do it who can.
 
Disassemble gun.
Remove the mag disconnect.
Reassemble gun.
It's literally that simple.

If you can't figure it out with those instructions, you might want to have someone else do it who can.
f, I need a little more detail then that LOL. Even the military manuals show more
 
Back
Top Bottom