18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Went to Lytle Creek Firing Line yesterday

socalgunowner909

Well-known member
Messages
437
Classified ads
1
I went to Lytle Creek Firing Line yesterday with my pops and had a GREAT time! They have done a number of upgrades to the facility and still need to complete more, but I was very impressed with the staff and setup so far. I haven't been to this range in a very long time (over 10 years) and was very pleasantly surprised by how it has been upgraded. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Shooting line was controlled nicely and basically had an entire section to ourselves. We went here over Route 66 because we wanted to sight some guns in and did not want to feel rushed with the 2 hour limits on bays at Route 66. Both ranges have the pros and cons but I just wanted to drop this post to tell people about my positive experience here.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2156.webp
    IMG_2156.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2143.webp
    IMG_2143.webp
    162.3 KB · Views: 9
I haven’t been there in a couple years. What kind upgrades have they done?
They’re installing canopy everywhere and poured some curb along the handgun concrete. Pricing is now $35 but all in all, Still a good spot to shoot. When I was there on Saturday, they were working on installing the metal siding on top of the canopy- At half of the handgun/ rifle area.
 
They might be the only range that allows steel jacket rifle ammo that I've seen. How are the rifle lanes?
If you get the rifle section and not rifle/handgun, you can generally shoot out to 200’ yards. You can drive your vehicle up on the hillside to setup targets at 200’. They occasionally allow for 300’ but not enough to mention it. Pretty solid but not a lot of benches, so get there earlier.
 
How are they on freedom mags? AR Pistols?
They have a posted sign about ca mags something.

But I dont think they give much care as long as your being smart about it.

If you bring a 40 rounder and mag dump it you might raise an eyebrow of two.

But the range guys were super chill and did not inspect any of my stuff.
 
I ask because in the past, they have kicked people out of range for freedom mags because they fudds up the ass. And if they are still sticklers of freedom mags, you can be sure they are going to fudd themselves on their position on AR Pistols and Braces.

If they still have a sign about Freedom mags, looks like all they did was renovation, and not change their fudd ways.
 
I will never go back learned once got bit (freedom mags, and bipod front grip) that said they could not upgrade the place or change their employees f'ed up attitudes to change my mind ever.
Sorry but the (we know everything you know nothing) attitude just turns my stomach I walked quickly after 10 whole minutes they are not even the only game in town.
 
Last edited:
I completely understand the comments here because that is also how I saw it before. But I do think its worth another try if you have not been in a while. Seems to be more chill and not the hard asses that were there before on a power trip. just food for thought.
 
I completely understand the comments here because that is also how I saw it before. But I do think its worth another try if you have not been in a while. Seems to be more chill and not the hard asses that were there before on a power trip. just food for thought.
Hopefully for them they will figure it out.
 
You got me with "I went to Lytle Creek Firing Line yesterday with my pops and had a GREAT time!"

Love it OP.
 
I love going there during the winter when it's nice and cold. Beautiful scenery driving into there. Nice break from the city. Nice to see they've upgraded/repaired a lot of stuff.
 
I went last year, and I don't plan on going back. The tight lanes, constant breaks, and employees looking over our shoulders to see if we picked up all our brass rubbed me wrong.

Towards the end, we connected with another group of guys that came to shoot and had a good time. Not a bust of a trip but I'll go shoot elsewhere to avoid the drama. Maybe it's just me...

Glad you and pops had a great time👍🏻
 
I went last year, and I don't plan on going back. The tight lanes, constant breaks, and employees looking over our shoulders to see if we picked up all our brass rubbed me wrong.

Towards the end, we connected with another group of guys that came to shoot and had a good time. Not a bust of a trip but I'll go shoot elsewhere to avoid the drama. Maybe it's just me...

Glad you and pops had a great time👍🏻
I do agree the lanes can be tight. I think timing was in our favor that day. We had the entire lane to ourselves.
 
Back
Top Bottom