18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

What about them Revolvers?!

Messages
95
So I have quite a few revolvers and didn’t take a picture of all of them for various reasons.

However, here are the majority of my wheel guns.

My favorite of all of them is a tie between the Ruger GP 100 and the S&W 617.

Next up is probably my Colt officers Model Match.

Next is my S&W 648 (not pictured, getting customized).

The Rhino 50DS, S&W 686 Competitor, S&W 17, Colt King Cobra are meh. Lol

The rest of the new gen Colt pythons are ok. I was going to use the 4” for CCW then decided against it.

IMG_8243.jpeg
IMG_8244.jpeg
IMG_8242.jpeg
 
So I have quite a few revolvers and didn’t take a picture of all of them for various reasons.

However, here are the majority of my wheel guns.

My favorite of all of them is a tie between the Ruger GP 100 and the S&W 617.

Next up is probably my Colt officers Model Match.

Next is my S&W 648 (not pictured, getting customized).

The Rhino 50DS, S&W 686 Competitor, S&W 17, Colt King Cobra are meh. Lol

The rest of the new gen Colt pythons are ok. I was going to use the 4” for CCW then decided against it.

View attachment 3045
View attachment 3046
View attachment 3047
Amazing collection. I'm drooling over the 686 and the Chiappa.
 
I bought a pre-lock 686 2.5" .38/.357 years ago just to have a wheel gun.
Any idea as to what these are worth now?
 
My dads first gun purchased new in the 60's. Gifted to me, my favorite of course.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5033.jpg
    IMG_5033.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 27
My newest - a Mountain Gun in .45 Colt. I pick a Model 29-4 4 inch barrel on Saturday.
 

Attachments

  • Mountain Gun.jpg
    Mountain Gun.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 21
Well, the Mountain Gun is no longer my newest - here is a Model 29-4 that I just got out of jail yesterday.
 

Attachments

  • Model 29.jpg
    Model 29.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 19
I'm not much of a revolver guy, but here are the two that I have. A S&W 627 V-Comp and a Korth NXS. Both .357 8-shot revolvers.

IMG_9013.jpeg
 
I fianlly got to the range today, early as it was going to hit over 90 today. I shot the 2 "newto me" revolvers - a Model 29 and a 625 Mountain Gun in .45 Colt. I also shot my carry gun, a Hellcat, and a custom COmmander tht has been giving me some problems. Any good 1911 smiths around still?

The Model 29 shot great -the picture is all 6 shots at 15 yards standing two handed. The Mountain Gun kept them all in the black but I need to work up a load for it. The Commander still had issues. The Hellcat shot headshot size groups at 10 yards which is good...I need to shoot it more often.
 

Attachments

  • Model 29 group.jpg
    Model 29 group.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Range Day.jpg
    Range Day.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 16
Here are a couple of Colt DAs - a 1917 (commercial model made in 1919) and an old model Colt Trooper .357. The 1917 was restored by Fink's Custom Gunsmithing. He is now the smith at Gunsite. The Trooper was inherited from my Uncle Bill. It was stolen back in the late 1980s from my house in West Covinaand actually recovered by the San Bernardino County Sheriffs in the late 1990s and returned to me. It was in terrible shape when I got it back. The Python style target grips were gone with some homemade grips stuck on with electrical tape, the hammer spur crudely ground off and rust pits. My younger brother was going through Yavapai College's gunsmithing program and needed an old style Colt DA to work on as part of the curriculum. He beadblasted it as the pits were too deep to remove without eliminating the Colt markings and reblued it. Replaced parts as needed and gave it an action job. I put some custom Herrett grips on it and it is a great shooter. Neither of these are collector items, but I enjoy them a lot!
 

Attachments

  • 1917 Colt.jpg
    1917 Colt.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Colt Trooper.jpg
    Colt Trooper.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 11
Haven’t used this one too much yet, but planning on using it to clean up a bunch of ground squirrels that get under the shed.EDFF8B5E-F693-47C5-B8FB-EA2A3ACF11DD.jpeg
 
A retirement gift to myself. The .45ACP cylinder is shown, as it is used the most. The .454 cylinder (non-fluted) is used for developing hunting loads. It is the most accurate revolver I have ever owned. For hunting, it serves as a back-up for my .375 H&H bolt rifle.D8501DFB-2675-43DC-9500-5D43ED26811D.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom