18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

What are the chances CMP will sell a Cali Compliant M14?

My bad haha. I wasn't sure. I saw cmp and thought it was the same. Sorry for maybe getting your hopes up. I don't know anything about those rifles to be honest. I'm more into the modern stuff at the moment.
 
CMP partnered with Turkish Gun Maker Tisas to make CMP branded 1911. Basically the lowest bid.

What are the chances CMP uses Tisas to mfg. the needed parts to make M14 legal for civilian?

If so, would you want a Turkish modified M14 then?
 
All accounts seem to point to the tisas 1911's being pretty high quality and a great value using all machined parts as opposed to the cast and metal injected parts that make up a lot of more expensive offerings. As for cmp m14's, I'll believe it when I see it. If anything, likely the parts kits slapped onto a new receiver probably made by the same company making their m1 grands. And I believe those are made in usa for the record. Ca sales? They will probably throw us a bone, for an additional $150- 200 like the bulas from Atlantic. Never buy a bula by the way. Too many issues. Lrb is the highest made m14 receiver by all accounts. And it's forged.
 
All they have to do is remove the flash hider and ship it to you separately.

The question is whether they have the manpower to do that without incurring extra costs. I'm predicting they won't do it, but I hope to be wrong about that.
 
If anything, likely the parts kits slapped onto a new receiver probably made by the same company making their m1 grands. And I believe those are made in usa for the record. Ca sales?
They're the original full auto receivers permanently modified to be "permanently and irreversibly" semi automatic. They received special authorization from the ATF to do this because currently the rule is "once a machine gun always a machine gun".
The "once a machine gun always a machine gun" is not a law, it is an ATF Ruling that they are waiving for the CMP specifically. Rumor is they have around 100-140k but that isn't verified. Some people are saying they will be around 4k but I am praying they are actually going to be priced reasonably.
 
Back
Top Bottom