18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

what are you wearing?

I love to cast but it seems to be one of those things where the time and cost are not worth it except for the satisfaction.
 
I love to cast but it seems to be one of those things where the time and cost are not worth it except for the satisfaction.
I enjoy the F out of it. got lucky and got plenty of lead between 50 cents and 1 dollar. I zone out and just enjoy the time making and remaking them if I don't end up liking what I did
 
100 % - I like it I just wish it was a little less time consuming.

Cast - size - coat- size again
 
im wanting to get into it as atm the bullet is making up a huge portion of the cost of reloading
 
im wanting to get into it as atm the bullet is making up a huge portion of the cost of reloading
7000 grains in 1 lb, divide that by the weight of what you are shooting and then the cost of each LB of lead.
I got mine CHEAP long ago, still have over 300 lbs .
current prices are 1.75-2.5 depending where you get it.

thing is every single round is a HP bullet. casting is a hobby by itself. takes a lot to recover what you invest so I did not approach it that way.
 
Back
Top Bottom