I'm gonna break from the crowd here, but I really don't care for most safes. Just like baby grand pianos, they're big, bulky and a royal PITA to move, so much so that many owners simply opt to leave them with the house, or sell at a massive loss to get rid of them because nobody wants to deal with the hassle of moving it.
Don't get me wrong, they definitely serve their purpose against most smash and grabs, but I shouldn't need a 600-800+ lb. hunk of steel in my house to prevent against smash and grabs either. That's why I converted a small walk-in closet to my safe instead, and it only cost me a couple hundred bucks in parts from Home Depot and a few hours of my time to upgrade the door, add a keypoad lock, reinforce the jamb, strike plate, studs, deadbolt, hinges and screws.
Short of bringing a battering ram, you ain't getting in that closet without significant effort, not to mention the cool factor of having my own gun room with wall displays. Coming from a guy who was raised on 80s and 90s action movies, the kid in me geeks out every time I walk in there.