18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

What is the best "micro" gun now on the roster?

What is the best Micro 9mm Available to us here in CA? (You can chose 2)

  • Sig P365 (P365 Rose, XMacro, etc.)

    Votes: 106 61.6%
  • S&W Shield / Shield Plus

    Votes: 50 29.1%
  • Ruger Max 9

    Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Canik MC9 family

    Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Springfield Hellcat / Hellcat Pro

    Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Kahr 9mm Family (oldie but a goodie...)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taurus GX2

    Votes: 1 0.6%
  • You're all crazy, I carry a J Frame...

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 8 4.7%

  • Total voters
    172
LCP II is a great pocket gun if you don't want to carry a real one. I keep one next to the door to throw in when I'm just doing a quick mail run or something, or when I'm only wearing gym shorts. There's also an LCPII Lite rack 22lr next to it that goes in my pocket when working the back half of the property in case coyotes go after the dogs or chickens.
I never handled the LCP or LCP II. What I do like about the original P365 and would likely enjoy about the LCP or LCP II is that when I get up, I put the pistol which is in a DeSantis Nemesis holster in my pocked. I am armed and don’t need to think about it. I also keep nothing else in that pocket other than the holstered pistol.
 
Shield X has improved grip ergo with beaver tail, reshaped grip more like p365xl, less texture on side face for less rubbing against your body. Also greatly improved slide striations for control, all shield x are optic ready with blackout rear sights and front night sight.
Do you have any pictures of the CA version of the Sheild X? I'm curious to see how they did the LCI/Optics plate.
 
Whats diff with shield x vs shield plus? Is the X bigger but both still 10 rounders in CA?
X has a rail, longer barrel, longer frame and 13 +1 flush, 15+1 extended mag capacity vs Plus with 10+1 flush, 13+1 extended.
 

Attachments

  • 20260227_195320.webp
    20260227_195320.webp
    189.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20260227_195225.webp
    20260227_195225.webp
    215.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20260227_195453.webp
    20260227_195453.webp
    245.7 KB · Views: 16
I have a performance center shield, my buddy recently got a p365. Just the ergonomics of the gun feels amazing compared to my s&w. It shoots pretty accurate and fits in my hand perfectly. It's a great gun. That being said, my shield is my edc, tried and true. Not one malfunction. I wouldn't replace it.

As for the hellcat it's gonna be close behind. Shoot them all and see what feels best. It's really all about preference.
 
Back
Top Bottom