18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Feedback What should we work on next?

GB has a saved search feature. Let's say everytime the word 1911 posts in Norcal I get a daily email of those posts to click on, or something to that effect. Obviously a premium feature for paid accts.
 
Feature Suggestion: Convert Forum Discussions into Organized Tables

Many forum threads contain valuable information contributed by multiple members, but that information becomes increasingly difficult to find as discussions grow. Important details can be scattered across dozens or hundreds of replies, sometimes with newer posts correcting outdated information.

I'd like the ability to take information from selected posts, or an entire thread, and consolidate it into an organized table that members can easily read, search, and sort.

For example, our Vendors Who Ship to California thread contains information about numerous vendors, their shipping policies, and restrictions. Instead of requiring members to read through the entire discussion, we could turn that information into a table showing each vendor, whether they ship to California, and any applicable restrictions.

Ideally, the system could automatically gather and organize the information, with a moderator reviewing and correcting the results before publishing. Each entry could link back to the original post, and the table could be updated as members contribute new information.

The benefit: We preserve the original discussion while turning its accumulated knowledge into a useful, easy-to-maintain reference. Members get the information they need without digging through pages of posts, and moderators don't have to continually copy, paste, and reorganize information manually.

This capability could be useful for vendor lists, FFL directories, product comparisons, technical reference threads, and many other community resources.
 
GB has a saved search feature. Let's say everytime the word 1911 posts in Norcal I get a daily email of those posts to click on, or something to that effect. Obviously a premium feature for paid accts.
This is available for Prime memberships right now and limited to a few because of the volume of emails it generates.

Screenshot 2026-10-08 at 11.47.07 PM.webp
 
Feature Suggestion: Convert Forum Discussions into Organized Tables

Many forum threads contain valuable information contributed by multiple members, but that information becomes increasingly difficult to find as discussions grow. Important details can be scattered across dozens or hundreds of replies, sometimes with newer posts correcting outdated information.

I'd like the ability to take information from selected posts, or an entire thread, and consolidate it into an organized table that members can easily read, search, and sort.

For example, our Vendors Who Ship to California thread contains information about numerous vendors, their shipping policies, and restrictions. Instead of requiring members to read through the entire discussion, we could turn that information into a table showing each vendor, whether they ship to California, and any applicable restrictions.

Ideally, the system could automatically gather and organize the information, with a moderator reviewing and correcting the results before publishing. Each entry could link back to the original post, and the table could be updated as members contribute new information.

The benefit: We preserve the original discussion while turning its accumulated knowledge into a useful, easy-to-maintain reference. Members get the information they need without digging through pages of posts, and moderators don't have to continually copy, paste, and reorganize information manually.

This capability could be useful for vendor lists, FFL directories, product comparisons, technical reference threads, and many other community resources.
This isn't as easy to maintain if AI is generating it. You make changes and it rereads.. This is more like a one off kind of thing.

Ultimately, it's better if there was a resource page, you just have to update it. We sort of do this with CA2A, but it has to be a separate site all together.

This would just be for this one thread right?
 
This isn't as easy to maintain if AI is generating it. You make changes and it rereads.. This is more like a one off kind of thing.

Ultimately, it's better if there was a resource page, you just have to update it. We sort of do this with CA2A, but it has to be a separate site all together.

This would just be for this one thread right?
No, the vendor thread was just an example. I was conceptualizing a broader capability to turn information scattered across forum discussions into organized, searchable reference material. I agree that a resource page makes sense. The challenge is keeping it current without creating an ongoing maintenance burden. Ideally, AI would create the initial resource from selected posts. After that, rather than constantly refreshing or regenerating the entire resource, it would simply monitor new replies for relevant information. When something potentially changes, it would suggest an update to the affected entry for approval.
But...the more I think about it, the more I may be trying to over-engineer a capability the will see limited use. Automatically monitoring discussions, determining which posts contain meaningful new information, reconciling conflicting reports, and maintaining a resource could become a substantial development effort. 🤔 Maybe just leverage the existing resource functionality, with an easy way for members to suggest corrections or additions directly from a discussion post?
Just spitballing here 😎
 
How about the ability to customize the home page?

it's super-long, I wonder how many people scroll down?

It might be useful for members to be able to:

Hide sections they don't use
Change the order of sections
Remember those preferences
 
I have some things going on and while I’m in build mode, I’ll take open up the comments and suggestion box.

If it’s already listed in this forum it’s on my list to look at.

What would you like to see or like to have here?

Ive addressed:

feedback and privacy.
Badging
Search is being worked on and will have a significant update.
User Onboarding is also on my list…

The updates are mostly improvements and polish with more emphasis on interaction
Any thoughts on designing a caguns app? You will be the first one.
 
I have some things going on and while I’m in build mode, I’ll take open up the comments and suggestion box.

If it’s already listed in this forum it’s on my list to look at.

What would you like to see or like to have here?

Ive addressed:

feedback and privacy.
Badging
Search is being worked on and will have a significant update.
User Onboarding is also on my list…

The updates are mostly improvements and polish with more emphasis on interaction
Hey ikeo1,

Sorry to bother you but I noticed that pressing the plus button on the Verification Badge Requests button does nothing unless you click on it which it changes color from blue to white. If you're planning on getting rid of this verification method, I understand but how can new users who come from CalGuns and pay for the CGN verification upgrade verify their accounts? Anyways just thought I'd let you know! Have a good weekend!

If this is a bug and unintended, I hope it helps!
 
Is this new!? I love the verified solution to highlight the actual answer to the OP question. IMG_2526.webp
 
Notices were updated
 
Back
Top Bottom