18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Questions What to read?

Not sure of something ask? Nothing here is legal advice only opinion

Librarian

Retired poltergeist - that's what I tell the IRS
CAguns Supporter
📝 Contributor
Founder 2026 2
Messages
265
Big topic, with a big 'down the rabbit hole' vibe.

Here's my daily gun-related rotation - what's yours?

Bearing Arms
The Firearm Blog
The Truth About Guns
The Tactical Professor

I do occasionally read NRA on-line magazines, but their content is kind of fading ...

American Rifleman
America's 1st Freedom
Shooting Illustrated

Forums (Fora, if you like)​
Reddit /CAguns ( I'm a mod there )
Calguns ( I'm a mod there, too )
Northwest Firearms (because Gavin drove me out of CA in 2019)
Here, recently

Twitter/X​
Rob Romano
Kostas Moros
Firearms Policy Committee (FPC) - they're good for their own lawsuits, and amusing for their interactions with other X-ers.
Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)

Legal things​
Volokh Conspiracy - not all guns/2A by any means, but occasional good articles from Stephen Halbrook, David Kopel and others.
SCOTUSBlog - Supreme Court news


Other things​
Oregon Firearms Foundation (OFF) - a little bit of a one-man show from Kevin Starrett; they are plaintiffs in several ongoing legal actions in Oregon
California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA) - good for their own lawsuits; worthwhile to sign up for their emails, though many are fund-raisers.


I'm not a big fan of political or legal/2A videos; I can read much faster than I can listen. But others glean information in different ways, so they are apparently useful.
 
Last edited:
also:
Firing Line Radio Show by CRPA Legislative Director Rick Travis
and
CRPA TV
 
Stumbled upon this post in a search and happy to revive it. Great list of reading material.
 
Sweet baby Jesus is this the real Librarian?! Man you imparted so much wisdom to me over the last 15+ years since I first became an adult and a firearms enthusiast on Calguns, glad to see you still kickin around here! Thanks for the list, I have some reading to do to get up to date!
 
Back
Top Bottom