18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Open Question What would you like to see to make the site more C & R friendly?

This is open for discussion or for the time being
...which it looks like there is that category now? But will it show stuff listed in regular guns that are also check boxed as c&r?
 
...which it looks like there is that category now? But will it show stuff listed in regular guns that are also check boxed as c&r?
No if you check the c&r box it shouldn’t show regular firearms.
 
This one https://caguns.net/classifieds/winchester-model-94-pre-64-oakland.37490/

Doesn't say c&r anywhere on it, which is user error by seller. They don't know or don't care? For those of us who can cash and carry long guns, I'm willing to drive significantly further one time for a c&r purchase over twice for a normal ffl. Also there are in-stste shipping options still, right?

Eta: this one doesn't even have a caliber on it so definitely seller error. 🤣
 
For example, this link https://caguns.net/classifieds/c-r-cz82-with-ammo-9mm-makarov-9x18.37494/
, chosen just because it was the first to show up.

It doesnt show in c&r category but does under handguns. If i search the term c&r, lots of non-sale ads show up.

Maybe it's there and I don't know how, but searching for all c&r items for sale under one term or category would be beneficial to buyers and sellers.


You should be using this check box. The original implementation was the checkbox

1771212074812.webp
 
I don't have that check box available?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260215_212401_Samsung Internet.webp
    Screenshot_20260215_212401_Samsung Internet.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20260215_212405_Samsung Internet.webp
    Screenshot_20260215_212405_Samsung Internet.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20260215_212411_Samsung Internet.webp
    Screenshot_20260215_212411_Samsung Internet.webp
    20 KB · Views: 2
I don't have that check box available?
You’re in a different search area, got to classifieds and hit categories.


It should show up now, where you were looking
 
I went to classifieds>search classifieds.

It shows up now, but is different than your screenshot. What does "exempt" mean under the C&R drop down?

When I check the C&R box and hit search, it shows "enter search query or name of a member"

If you're able to just make it search all C&R that is way better. I'm rarely looking for a specific thing like "g43 gewehr" or "m1917 water cooled". But I often look in entire categories for ideas to spontaneously buy.
 
I went to classifieds>search classifieds.

It shows up now, but is different than your screenshot. What does "exempt" mean under the C&R drop down?

When I check the C&R box and hit search, it shows "enter search query or name of a member"

If you're able to just make it search all C&R that is way better. I'm rarely looking for a specific thing like "g43 gewehr" or "m1917 water cooled". But I often look in entire categories for ideas to spontaneously buy.
I’m new to c&r thanks for the ideas. It’s in my backlog.

If anyone else wants to make suggestions or how you use it use this thread to for your use case.

I’ve migrated everything to the new category so you can just search in there.

Go to the Classifieds then click categories

1771218984665.webp
 
I know this isn't a hogh prioroty right now, but when you're worning on it again...

Still not seeing it. I go to the drop down in top left, click classifieds drop down, click search classifieds, check the C&R box.

Shows up with nothing.

Your link above works but I have no clue how to find that, and people are going to go to the search classifieds thing I did and find nothing.
 
🤣🤣 what a thing to waste time on (the deleted posts about a really cool almost C&R rifle)
I just want to focus on what i need to build. You guys can go sneak in the DM's... If you notice, I take action very fast..
 
I’m new to c&r thanks for the ideas. It’s in my backlog.

If anyone else wants to make suggestions or how you use it use this thread to for your use case.

I’ve migrated everything to the new category so you can just search in there.

Go to the Classifieds then click categories

View attachment 152548

I know this isn't a hogh prioroty right now, but when you're worning on it again...

Still not seeing it. I go to the drop down in top left, click classifieds drop down, click search classifieds, check the C&R box.

Shows up with nothing.

Your link above works but I have no clue how to find that, and people are going to go to the search classifieds thing I did and find nothing.
Click on Classifieds in the menu... Don't click on the search box. That's for the forums mainly, so you get stuck with keywords. It's in a separate section.
 
Back
Top Bottom