18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

What's your smallest CCW?

A few reasons for the LCP max over the bodyguard 2.0: it's shorter and rounder (better for pocket carry), generally better reliability with various ammo types (BG 2.0 apparently is picky on hollowpoints and doesn't run well with fluid displacement rounds), the BG 2.0 has been known to have QC issues (more of a widespread S&W issue), and the LCP max is almost half the cost with better reliability.
Fair, I don’t know much about each of them. The last bit is a non factor for me for a gun so cheap and on paper (and in hand) the BG 2.0 seemed better, but I can’t speak to the QC or reliability which is more important for a carry piece.
 
Glock 43x....
Opps....I'm still carrying it from a day's activities
At 3 o'clock position
 
Pee three sixty five, Walther PPK-S are the smallest for me. 2 1/2" Model 66 for extra credit since its a crowd pleaser.
 
Last edited:
I don't know how much I'll actually carry it, but i recently made this IWB kydex holster for my grandfather's old pocket carry Jennings J25.

21279.webp
 
I got myself a Keltec P15 recently. I've carried a Bersa Thunder 380 for a few years because I liked its small size and weight.
 
Standard P365 is on my permit, never carry it though. I usually pick up my Shield Plus if I want something small for gym or quick errands. Out and about I carry compact/full size guns.
 
Shield Plus 4"

Skinny guns really conceal well and with a tenicor holster I barely feel it being there. A CR920XP might be replacing it though.
 
365XL. Small enough to be concealed comfortably and big enough that I don't feel like I'm carrying too small of a gun to be used effectively. Every once in a while I will shoot a run-n-gun match with it just to confirm that.
 
Back
Top Bottom