18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Where are those LEO trade-ins?

Simpletastes123

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
2
I’m just trying to find a place that I can buy a used Glock where the dealer isn’t asking like 90% of the new value. At that price, why buy other people’s problems? Any tips for Northern CA/Sacramento area?
 
of all places, turners has used guns including glocks and they will ship them to your local store, there's a page on their site with a list. I don't think they ship it if it's a consignment only if it's labeled used. Their regular gen 3 glocks are ~400 used, there is the caveat though that you have to pay all the taxes when buying from a dealer even when it's used however it's still cheaper than GSSF. Otherwise wait for one to pop up on here, I got a G26 last year for 425
 
I’m just trying to find a place that I can buy a used Glock where the dealer isn’t asking like 90% of the new value. At that price, why buy other people’s problems? Any tips for Northern CA/Sacramento area?
River City Gun Exchange has a lot of used Glocks for reasonable prices. For the past 5-6 years, they've regularly had LE Glock 22s for $300.
 
I’m just trying to find a place that I can buy a used Glock where the dealer isn’t asking like 90% of the new value. At that price, why buy other people’s problems? Any tips for Northern CA/Sacramento area?
Aims Surplus of Ohio and a few select CA pawn shops would get shipments from time to time, but that supply has dried up for the most part.

Got a Glock 22 for $299 for work a few years back from that deal.
 
LEO trade ins are great value. The +11% excise tax and FFL transfer fees are chilling though.
 
LEO trade ins are great value. The +11% excise tax and FFL transfer fees are chilling though.
Yeah I think it reduces how much firearms change hands for sure. If there are cheap guns around and low transfer/sales fees, then you could try a ton of different stuff. I go to Sacramento Gun Range and even they don’t have half the guns I want to rent.
 
LEO trade ins are great value. The +11% excise tax and FFL transfer fees are chilling though.
the mail order transfer fee which is at least 75 bucks on top of DROS and 20% taxes makes it actually more expensive than finding a local ppt, its very unfortunate.
 
Back
Top Bottom