18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Where them LA and surrounding range day meet ups?

fifer55

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
2025
Messages
99
Going to gun range is cool but can get boring going alone.

Since I am in the LA area (90023), many gun ranges are close to me. Since there are a lot of Redditors here, I imagine that a lot are lone wolfs but don’t you get bored alone? Don’t you want to go with other like minded guys and practice differently?

Who down to meet up and shoot the 💩 and shoot lol.

What would be shooting? PCC’s? Want to practice your CCW guns? Need to practice IDPA or USPSA?

Oh, wait, you a shotgun guy? Trap? Sporting clays?

I’m down for many different disciplines so let me know if some of y’all want to link up.

Only rule is don’t be a fudd and be cool lol. Sorry but have to say that.

fb0ae71e-4af2-4c87-a752-4e23da31c2fc.jpeg
 
I get it, I’m in SCV and have 3 outdoor ranges within 30 min, including the 5 min drive to oak tree.

I’m down to try and set something up if others are down.

Where do you typically go shoot?
 
Agreed, it does get boring going alone. Sometimes the gf goes with me but honestly, she's a lousy shot and its a waste of ammo. Need to get her new glasses.
Been going to Oak Tree since December when bought my 1st pistol. Got a membership last month during the Summer Blast...up to meeting other enthusiasts there.
 
Let’s do a meet and greet at Oak Tree?

Seems a lot of guys there from here. I’ll send y’all a DM and arrange it.

Maybe we can even rent a bay, I am a CSRO (current) so it won’t be an issue and we can have it to ourselves
 
@fifer55 if you do, you can setup an event using the calendar system if you want, so folks can sign up..
Let’s do a meet and greet at Oak Tree?

Seems a lot of guys there from here. I’ll send y’all a DM and arrange it.

Maybe we can even rent a bay, I am a CSRO (current) so it won’t be an issue and we can have it to ourselves
 
@fifer55 if you do, you can setup an event using the calendar system if you want, so folks can sign up..
Perfect. If I have issues I’ll send you DM. Thanks for looking out brother and I’ll use the systems here to do it to see its potential for future use!
 
Perfect. If I have issues I’ll send you DM. Thanks for looking out brother and I’ll use the systems here to do it to see its potential for future use!
Please do. I have a lot of features available for these types of things to make it easier for organizers. It also helps me find any gaps! I wish I could join you guys!
 
I’m glad to see there’s interest. Unfortunately, I have a final for school that day so can’t make it. Next time for sure
 
I’m glad to see there’s interest. Unfortunately, I have a final for school that day so can’t make it. Next time for sure
Maybe I can move it. Again I just choose a date arbitrarily. I’ll keep in mind that Sunday, the 30th?
 
Unfortunately I’m unavailable that day too, it’s all good though brother. I’ll make it to the next one
 
I have family coming in from out of town. I may be up there Saturday morning but can’t make a formal meetup this weekend.
 
Yessir!! I didn’t make the last one but will try for the next one. I’m up the street from oak tree
 
I'm always in for range days, if my schedule allows! I don't get to shoot my rifles very often, since my tinnitus doesn't like indoor rifle ranges, and living at the beach makes getting to the mountains or desert a trek, but if I'm meeting up with a group, I'm definitely down to bring my outdoor toys!

I'm in Huntington Beach, and a member at Firing Line there, so I can get gun rentals for free, and cheap lanes and targets, and myself have a great selection of subcompacts, compacts, several custom full size, 357 lever guns, and tuned up 10/22's I'm always happy to share! If anyone is in for a range day in HB, I'd be happy to reserve some lanes for everyone maybe next month.
 
I'm out here in Van Nuys, lots of semi auto pistols, recently acquired a semi auto shotgun that I need to take out! Would love to get to know you all
 
Back
Top Bottom