By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
I'd rather break a window or maybe pick a lock. Both are quieter and less dangerous.A shotgun would be a good choice to breach a door so you can enter another person's home and get more guns, just sayin
M4 Benneli For life. 7 round magazine tube + 1 ghost load +1 in the chamberWhen you consider finding yourself in a SHTF scenario, you'd probably want to have ready access to a whole arsenal of firearms. But what if you could only grab two California-compliant ones? What would they be?
As you consider each type, assume the make and model you have or would want is available, in the caliber you prefer, and with "enough" ammo of the kind you prefer (however much that is), including any slings, holsters, cases, optics, etc. But also assume they are in California-compliant configuration with California-compliant magazines you acquired in, say, July of 2024.
I ain't got time for jokes son. By the time you roll out your fancy dancy lock pick set from your birkin bag I'd be walkin out already with pillaged ice cream sandwiches and some new strapsI'd rather break a window or maybe pick a lock. Both are quieter and less dangerous.
Sand people always ride single file, to hide their numbers.Yeah, the odds of everyone's fantasy of sitting in your home, cool as a cucumber while you mow down wave after wave of "bad guys" who have worse than stormtrooper accuracy is pretty low.
One armed up house is pretty much gonna be easy meat for bad guys, in the long run. You might scare 'em off initially... but they'll be back... and in greater numbers (like SandPeople).
Now, you've got a few like-minded neighbors... that's a different story.
I think you have to hit the reply button for them to see your reply.Remusrm: So you are OK with being unprepared and stealing from those who are prepared?
Amen to thatI guarantee you if SHTF what I grab isn’t going to be Ca compliant lol
Probably my AR and G17, I trust myself the most with both. If I had to put a wildcard, instead of the AR, I'd probably swap it out for my Mossberg 590S. Keyword: If. I can comfortably carry more 5.56 ammo than I could 12-gauge shells. Maybe a skill issue on my end, but oh wellWhen you consider finding yourself in a SHTF scenario, you'd probably want to have ready access to a whole arsenal of firearms. But what if you could only grab two California-compliant ones? What would they be?
As you consider each type, assume the make and model you have or would want is available, in the caliber you prefer, and with "enough" ammo of the kind you prefer (however much that is), including any slings, holsters, cases, optics, etc. But also assume they are in California-compliant configuration with California-compliant magazines you acquired in, say, July of 2024.
Remusrm: So you are OK with being unprepared and stealing from those who are prepared?