18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Which would you carry daily for CCW?

What are you taking with you?


  • Total voters
    196
I also have a PDP Compact on my card, but its a little beefy for a regular EDC in the So Cal desert, unless its winter and a bigger coat can be worn. Love my PDP's! 365 gets the daily nod tho.
It's a solid compact gun for sure but even with a t shirt I can wear it, or an oversized polo. Anything not really tight. With tighter polos it prints a bit but whatever, never had an issue
 
I never carry my shield. I only carried it for a couple trips. Idk. I keep finding myself going for the bigger guns with more capacity
Small guns are easier to carry, but for me there is a very small point when a gun becomes too small and I feel like it is harder to get ahold of and draw from a holster quickly and effectively because the grip is too thin/ short.
 
Small guns are easier to carry, but for me there is a very small point when a gun becomes too small and I feel like it is harder to get ahold of and draw from a holster quickly and effectively because the grip is too thin/ short.
I had a Shield for a long time, thought that would be my fav carry gun because it's light and thin, but after trying it for a week I found myself always taking my P2000SK or PDP Compact. Better shootability and more capacity... and even hiking in the summer at Big Bear I had 0 issues with my P2000SK strong side IWB. So I'm starting to think what is the point of the micro guns. Also the P2000SK even feels more natural to carry, not sure if it's because the thinner Shield pokes more or having no optic just makes it easy. it's a thicker gun though, but no problem.
 
Initially had a Shield 1.0 and G26 as my main carry pistols. Sold the Shield and bought a Hellcat then a P365. I find myself carrying mostly the P365 now. Recently switched to the X length WC grip module and found that it is just as concealable as the P365 Micro.
 
the only "2011" I have is the platypus and I LOVE it, others do not fit my hands comfortably and for the record I have NOT fired others as I have not found them for rent anywhere.
carried full size 1911 for years. if compact I would still go for a Platypus or another 1911 although I think I would stay with single stack and 10 rd mags.
 
the only "2011" I have is the platypus and I LOVE it, others do not fit my hands comfortably and for the record I have NOT fired others as I have not found them for rent anywhere.
carried full size 1911 for years. if compact I would still go for a Platypus or another 1911 although I think I would stay with single stack and 10 rd mags.
Full-size 1911s .45acp with a good holster are easier to carry than most people think with how thin they are. With one caveat, when you’re younger lol
 
the only "2011" I have is the platypus and I LOVE it, others do not fit my hands comfortably and for the record I have NOT fired others as I have not found them for rent anywhere.
carried full size 1911 for years. if compact I would still go for a Platypus or another 1911 although I think I would stay with single stack and 10 rd mags.
There are fortunately a lot of great carry specific 2011 options nowadays. Various Staccato offerings like the C/CS, HD C3.6/C4X, Wilson's EDCx9 and SFX9 series, some stuff from Atlas and Infinity. I think the CS and the EDCx9/SFX9 are some of the better ones in terms of grip width/hand size and shape.

Staccato's HD C4X and the Atlas Ares are some of my personal carry options though.
 
I like the G43 for its concealment but if I had to pick 1 it would be the P365. You can get Juggernaut baseplates and change the grip length to whatever you want.
 
Full-size 1911s .45acp with a good holster are easier to carry than most people think with how thin they are. With one caveat, when you’re younger lol
carried all the way to 53 yo, leather Y shaped suspenders with metal hooks made all the difference .
 
Was carrying a G19 but then got a G26 and made myself a DIY G26X. Much more comfortable, not that the G19 was uncomfortable to begin with.
 
Back
Top Bottom