18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Gear Wilson Combat 1911 Magazine 500BC Question (Calling all 1911 experts)

What's tactical?
Hi all, I bought some Wilson Combat (WC) 1911 magazines part number 500BC. These have steel floorplates, 8 round capacity, and nylon follower.

I have been experiencing the occasional failure to feed with these mags in my Springfield Mil-Spec (though most of these failures might simply require better cleaning and lubrication of the gun).

I have also seen the followers slightly pop out the front when the magazine is dropped on the ground when empty. This stops the follower from sliding in the magazine tube smoothly, and so I need to jiggle the follower to realign it.

Customer service has told me to leave these magazines loaded so the springs take a set which will prevent the follower issue, but I have lost confidence in these magazine followers.

Are there suitable replacement metal followers I can use in these magazines? Or should I simply go to a reputable 7 round magazine?
 
Hi all, I bought some Wilson Combat (WC) 1911 magazines part number 500BC. These have steel floorplates, 8 round capacity, and nylon follower.

I have been experiencing the occasional failure to feed with these mags in my Springfield Mil-Spec (though most of these failures might simply require better cleaning and lubrication of the gun).

I have also seen the followers slightly pop out the front when the magazine is dropped on the ground when empty. This stops the follower from sliding in the magazine tube smoothly, and so I need to jiggle the follower to realign it.

Customer service has told me to leave these magazines loaded so the springs take a set which will prevent the follower issue, but I have lost confidence in these magazine followers.

Are there suitable replacement metal followers I can use in these magazines? Or should I simply go to a reputable 7 round magazine?
RJWW... The Wilson is a solid magazine. Can you be more specific in the description of the malfunction? Perhaps post a picture or 2. Difficult to diagnose with current information as there are so many variables.
 
During one of our Dept. shoots, I had a few FTF's with my SA Mil. Spec. I was using Wilson 47's. The RO suggested new mag springs. Replaced all mag springs with Wolff, problem solved.
 
Back
Top Bottom