18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Winchester Hotchkiss 45-70

Bilknaar

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
12
I saw an old winchester 45-70 at my local f f l and was curious if the value is correct. It's serial number 881, cavalry carbine bolt action. They were asking a pretty penny for it, but it's pretty awesome!

Winchester Hotchkiss 1883 4570 carbine
 
I was once working targets for a guy shooting these 600 off hand and I kid you not he was running about a 40 degree hold and damned if that thing wasn’t slapping the hell out of the target
 
My friend has a Henry in 45-70. He pays about 3 bucks a round. I got the Henry and Marlin 357 'cause I can afford 40 cents per round.
 
The levers get far more use than the semi-autos. I'm not a collector, they are bought to shoot. The levers are the most fun.
 
Back
Top Bottom