18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Year of the Glock 2026!

Yeah. I was waiting to see Glock 6 on the shelves. Hit Bass Pro recently. NO GLOCKS at all. Whatsoever. That sucks, since Glocks used to generate a steady revenue,
 
Yea just following up on the document u posted. Been paying close attention. But i also just bought gen 6 45 and g47. So if it is revealed that full sizes have been tested all the gen 6 prices as of late will drop and the market will close down to people that are seeking no lci and disconnect from factory even tho it can be removed from a cheaper version of the same gun.

But r66 did DIRECTLY say 43x and 48 is coming as a gen 6. Which to me makes the most sense. They just released 15rd mags. So to update the slimline to gen 6 makes sense. Plus California is a ccw state so it would make sense to give us the concealed glocks. Hopefully that way the CA glock market doesnt just go flat
Sure that’d be nice but I have 0 interest in CCW Glocks, I want a 17 or 34 😭
 
I'll let you know as soon as this drops in my inbox.
I feel like this kind of thing will be bounced back under the Trade Secret exemption under CPRA but I am interested to see.
 
that letter looks fake
X Files Idk GIF by The X-Files
 
im still thinking its the 43x and 48 in gen 6. Probably without cruciform all together no matter what state. Just we get the lci and disconnect. Makes the most sense. I cant see them making an entirely new gen 6 large frame just for california. And the slimelines are due for a refresh anyways
 
im still thinking its the 43x and 48 in gen 6. Probably without cruciform all together no matter what state. Just we get the lci and disconnect. Makes the most sense. I canr see them making an entirely new gen 6 large frame just for california.
there is no 43x and 48 in gen 6 yet at all let alone one they are going to send here. Glock will literally die before getting rid of the cruciform though, they love having the worst striker trigger ever made.
 
there is no 43x and 48 in gen 6 yet at all let alone one they are going to send here. Glock will literally die before getting rid of the cruciform though, they love having the worst striker trigger ever made.
I think ur quick to jump to conclusions. Why would they not change it if they want to sell here. And exactly no gen 6 yet. But could be coming. Never say never.
 
I think ur quick to jump to conclusions. Why would they not change it if they want to sell here. And exactly no gen 6 yet. But could be coming. Never say never.
because they don't need to change the cruciform part for it to be legal, the important part of the law is that the pistols were "easily converted to a machine pistol with common household tools". They can keep the cruciform as long as they change the design enough for it to be hard to convert. The list of hand tools is specific in statute and does not include a dremel or other machining tools, at best it does include a hack saw. I don't know how hard it is to remove the metal from gen V and 6 to install the switch so I can't say if it would pass that test.
 
The other issue is they'd have to add a mag disconnect and LCI to get any new guns on the roster, and they've been very resistant to that so far. If they were willing to do so, they would've made a gen 5 for the roster sometime in the last 2 years we've been able to have new guns added. The only reason I think they may try to make a gen 6 for the roster is because they've lost a ton of LEO contracts over the last several years and I'm sure they'd like to make up some of that money, and CA is a huge market.
 
I've sent a follow-up email, checked my spam, trash, All Mail, archive, and everywhere else I can think of just to make sure. 😭😭😭

Technically, they don't have to produce any records this go around. They can just say they FOUND responsive records. Still, this is some foot dragging. I've seen them answer late in the day like this for other records I've requested.
 
The other issue is they'd have to add a mag disconnect and LCI to get any new guns on the roster, and they've been very resistant to that so far. If they were willing to do so, they would've made a gen 5 for the roster sometime in the last 2 years we've been able to have new guns added. The only reason I think they may try to make a gen 6 for the roster is because they've lost a ton of LEO contracts over the last several years and I'm sure they'd like to make up some of that money, and CA is a huge market.
Isn't Glock the "in" thing again because of the P320 being such a disaster? Glock may have enough military contracts to tide them over.
 
because they don't need to change the cruciform part for it to be legal, the important part of the law is that the pistols were "easily converted to a machine pistol with common household tools". They can keep the cruciform as long as they change the design enough for it to be hard to convert. The list of hand tools is specific in statute and does not include a dremel or other machining tools, at best it does include a hack saw. I don't know how hard it is to remove the metal from gen V and 6 to install the switch so I can't say if it would pass that test.
Funny since people already invented a switch for the new model lol...
 
Back
Top Bottom