18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Year of the Glock 2026!

Yeah, my fourth bullet point addresses that, and the politicians at the Cal DoJ are gonna drag their feet past the July 1st deadline. Their goal is to get Glock off the roster no matter what, as it will be a huge psychological and feel good victory for the anti-gun lobby.
I don't know though, if that were the case there would t have been a pathway for Glock to modify the gen 3 and resubmit, that pathway would have allowed Glock to keep gen 3 on roster without lci and mag disconnect. The July 1 date is fairly irrelevant at this point because Glock doesn't produce any gen 3s any more anyway so they don't care. Any remaining stock can be sold in other states. I'm very interested in the outcome of their meeting though. It would be hilarious to contact Glock directly and ask, they would be like "what the f how did you know!?"
 
It could also be the case that Glock merely wanted confirmation that their mechanism passed the "switch" test and then would then integrate that into their ca roster model but we don't know one way or the other based on this
 
I don't know though, if that were the case there would t have been a pathway for Glock to modify the gen 3 and resubmit, that pathway would have allowed Glock to keep gen 3 on roster without lci and mag disconnect. The July 1 date is fairly irrelevant at this point because Glock doesn't produce any gen 3s any more anyway so they don't care. Any remaining stock can be sold in other states. I'm very interested in the outcome of their meeting though. It would be hilarious to contact Glock directly and ask, they would be like "what the f how did you know!?"
Already sent the CPRA request for that.
 
Well, I guess this means that we probably wont be seeing a new Glock this summer. Also a bit disappointed if it is the V they add here, I really have zero interest at that point. Fondling a gen 6 was enough to capture my interest, any other gen and it still just feels like every other Glock out there.
 
Off topic, but do you know if Wilson intends to put the Bulwark on roster?
It's possible, seeing as they just added one of their other pistols to the roster. I wouldn't expect it anytime soon though, probably late this year/early next year if anything. They may wait and see how well it sells first, that gun seems like a pretty big gamble and honestly I think it's going to flop pretty hard.
 
Well, I guess this means that we probably wont be seeing a new Glock this summer. Also a bit disappointed if it is the V they add here, I really have zero interest at that point. Fondling a gen 6 was enough to capture my interest, any other gen and it still just feels like every other Glock out there.
So we should be getting a 43/48 as you cant put a switch on that it already has a safety and just needs a LCI
but without the V ya no more normal frame glocks prices about to skyrocket but people really need to stop paying for off roster glocks they just arnt worth it.
 
You are giving Glock WAAAAY too much credit on this one, lol. They can't think this far ahead.
Cam glock just hire us to figure this out LOL
 
Couldn't they just pay Shadow Systems a licensing fee? But wait, isn't Shadow Systems based on gen 3 schematics?
Shadow Systems will also be banned soon. They did say they were working on a "fix" to comply with the new law, however they weren't sure if it would be enough for DOJ. They said in any case, they are also working on a new separate pistol design that they will be bringing to the Cali market as well, but they didn't give any other details on it. If it's the Axio they revealed earlier in the year though, it's a massively overpriced chassis Glock essentially, which really wouldn't satisfy the Glock market here.
 
One thing no one here is talking about: when Glock needs to replace your polymer lower for a warranty repair and it's a new serial number. Are we basically in soft ban territory?
That’s what I’m worried about. I just bought a new gen 6 and I’m not sure what would happen if I needed it repaired/replaced 😬
 
Shadow Systems will also be banned soon. They did say they were working on a "fix" to comply with the new law, however they weren't sure if it would be enough for DOJ. They said in any case, they are also working on a new separate pistol design that they will be bringing to the Cali market as well, but they didn't give any other details on it. If it's the Axio they revealed earlier in the year though, it's a massively overpriced chassis Glock essentially, which really wouldn't satisfy the Glock market here.
can they also fix the reliability issue with their cheapass guns
 
One thing no one here is talking about: when Glock needs to replace your polymer lower for a warranty repair and it's a new serial number. Are we basically in soft ban territory?
Kinda sounds like you're SOL at that point. DROS system doesn't have a roster exemption for repairs/replacements. Granted, frame replacements aren't common, but I have personally sent 2 back for customers that wound up getting new frames on them, so it does happen.
 
That’s what I’m worried about. I just bought a new gen 6 and I’m not sure what would happen if I needed it repaired/replaced 😬

Kinda sounds like you're SOL at that point. DROS system doesn't have a roster exemption for repairs/replacements. Granted, frame replacements aren't common, but I have personally sent 2 back for customers that wound up getting new frames on them, so it does happen.
@WojtekWeaponry gonna have his hands full with Glock Gen 3 clone orders.
 
hypothetically, how much of the original frame needs to be part of a repaired frame that kept the original serial number?
 
hypothetically, how much of the original frame needs to be part of a repaired frame that kept the original serial number?
The serial number plate is permanently embedded in the polymer. The two I sent back had a crack/break in the polymer and were unusable, there'd be no way to fix or replace something like that once they're banned.
 
Back
Top Bottom