18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

YouTube?

I think we're all pretending in this discussion that attention is the only thing they sell. I think we have plenty of evidence that influencing user behaviors is a product which is sold at many verticals.

Telemetry is another product.

Attention is not the only product.
Its not, Google Maps is one of their best performing products. Their recommendation and sponsored listings there make a lot. Overall, i don't think there isn't anything they and other big tech companies don't sell that give you "free" services. I'm sure there's more.
 
Its not, Google Maps is one of their best performing products. Their recommendation and sponsored listings there make a lot. Overall, i don't think there isn't anything they and other big tech companies don't sell that give you "free" services. I'm sure there's more.

They literally reorder the comments depending on user profiles to ensure that certain people see certain comments.

I don't know how to describe to people that in an agent driven world this system is driven to feed your brain in ways that influence you beyond your own comprehension.

Everyone believes so strongly in their cognitive ability to escape this, but I think the behavioral economists have long proven that couldn't be further than the truth.

I think we're meant to believe the comments are all actually user generated presently but I HIGHLY doubt that.
 
Last edited:
Well just found out the problem it was my Aura security ap. It was somehow blocking youtube ads and freezing the feed. I have said before I am computer illiterate and should have contacted my internet tech company (Nerds On Call) first. Set up remote control with them and they had it solved within 5 minutes, it was about a 2-minute wait to get connected but well worth my subscription. Heck they are now on call 7 days a week. Helps me keep my sanity whatever is left of it.
 
Anybody noticing that it looks like Youtube is censoring gun related videos or have an explanation? Have gone to Ben Stoeger site and others dealing with guns etc and all I get is a black screen with white circle rotating.
Yump. damn shame.
This last few months i've seen a on of great content removed for 'violating terms of service' (after being online for a decade +)

Rumble.com is the best alternative. There's already tons of 2A videos there...
 
Yump. damn shame.
This last few months i've seen a on of great content removed for 'violating terms of service' (after being online for a decade +)

Rumble.com is the best alternative. There's already tons of 2A videos there...
You know, X might be a viable place to upload 2A videos since anything goes there, it just has to be shorter form vs long form.
 
The problem with this is the 2A group is too adversarial and tribal.
I have noticed what appears to be a ton of bots on GunTube vids. I see hundreds of platitudes "shall not be infringed" and other similar response comments demonizing gun owners who are not absolutists or based on their politics, but when I argue against this kind of tribalism, I get little to no response. Most comments are one and done, even when I call them out directly which again makes me wonder who might be behind this behavior. Could it be content creators themselves who might have an incentive to game their subscriber stats?
 
Its not, Google Maps is one of their best performing products. Their recommendation and sponsored listings there make a lot. Overall, i don't think there isn't anything they and other big tech companies don't sell that give you "free" services. I'm sure there's more.
I use their maps almost exclusively.

Bugs me when I submit a suggestion/correction and without comment they deny making the change in their form email. A new bridge and road relocation was complete and all the structures, equipment, materials were gone and the new everything was open and lanes painted etc. Took GMap months to catch up- though I sent the correction about every 2-weeks, just cause they were pissing me off. Ok, I feel better now.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom