18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback 🎉 Help Us Test Drive ArmoryHQ Our New Accessory-Only Marketplace!

Great, thanks

I'm curious how the new site will catch on.

The more eyes are more products are good for everybody buying, selling trading in this market.

Matt
It's going to take some time, but gotta kickstart it somehow... We'll see if the updated UX/UI will help + my implementation on how to reduce and prevent scammers.

The refinements from there will trickle down here.
 
I linked but not badges no feed back score. essentially new user...
yeah.. no badges are given out based on number.. This is a separate thing.. You are a new user in a new system. I'll link your feedback to your account once if you've posted something.

Sites are born fully functional! ;)

Signing up means you're eligible but adding the badge takes work from me, which is why it requires a post. It's why I charge $25 here for CGN verification. Fortunately its a one time thing.
 
Last edited:
It's going to take some time, but gotta kickstart it somehow... We'll see if the updated UX/UI will help + my implementation on how to reduce and prevent scammers.

The refinements from there will trickle down here.

All good info

I'll post a couple other things tonight and add Shipping since this will be a nationwide site.

Thanks, hoping for the best

Matt
 
I registered / logged-in using my caguns account, it worked just fine, good job. I am more of a consumer than a seller at this point so I look forward to seeing more items posted.
 
Last edited:
Just threw up a dummy offer to test. When I enter “No ship” and hit “local pickup”, there is no place to ensure the locality displays (I entered Zip Code into location, but it didn’t reflect.)

Is it possible to have the “Title” section read the “location” input and populate that directly into the title? Or can the location be populated into the Details section?
 
Just threw up a dummy offer to test.

Is it possible to have the “Title” section read the “location” input and populate that directly into the title? Or can the location be populated into the Details section?
This is a tricky one... It's stumped me for this long.

No I can't append the location to the title at least not yet, but I think i'll investigate that..

The question is do I add regions on a site like this or zip or city, state. I'm thinking city state is the best middle ground for people to search. I'll give it a shot since I think it'll be important for this one
 
The “Shipping/Pickup” data collection is confusing (to me).

Shipping / Pickup
  • Yes
  • No
Shipping or Pickup

Separate to the right:
  • Local Pickup
If I opt “Yes” or “No”, does that mean to shipping? Or do I need to check “Local Pickup” to designate the “Yes”. Or do I check “NO” indicate no shipping, then check “Local Pickup”?
 
This is a tricky one... It's stumped me for this long.

No I can't append the location to the title at least not yet, but I think i'll investigate that..

The question is do I add regions on a site like this or zip or city, state. I'm thinking city state is the best middle ground for people to search. I'll give it a shot since I think it'll be important for this one
For now, possibly edit the “Details” section to include a statement to enter location, or can the location info be pointed to land in the Details? As it stands now, it appears that the “location” info lands under the Feedback score info and doesn’t easily translate to the observer.

ETA:
I think there are two issues:
1. Buyer Search capability allowing the winnowing of offers to a region or locality. That also helps in shipping evaluations.
2. Seller clarity in posting “Local PickUp”.
 
Last edited:
The “Shipping/Pickup” data collection is confusing (to me).


If I opt “Yes” or “No”, does that mean to shipping? Or do I need to check “Local Pickup” to designate the “Yes”. Or do I check “NO” indicate no shipping, then check “Local Pickup”?
Right that can be worded better ..

Updated to two options

Shipping available
Pickup

You may select both
 
Signed up, cool, happy to help test. Will there be a reputation system IE: like GAFS "Flair"? Will there be a WTB function to help sellers find people already looking?

Great start, thanks for doing this. I hate hovering on GAFS waiting and praying for what I want to be list.

P.S. Looking for a couple Radian Talon Ambi safeties if anyone has 'em 😁
 
Signed up, cool, happy to help test. Will there be a reputation system IE: like GAFS "Flair"? Will there be a WTB function to help sellers find people already looking?
Yeah, the reputation system is the same one as here. There will be a service to link to your GAFS record for Reddit, CAguns and Tacswap to add trust for new and existing accounts on the site.

WTB I’ll add later tonight.
 
Back
Top Bottom