18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

🔥 PDP-F Coming to CA

These Walthers are some of the best handguns on the market currently. I love the feel in hand, the balance, optics cut, and the trigger.
 
These Walthers are some of the best handguns on the market currently. I love the feel in hand, the balance, optics cut, and the trigger..

That's comforting to read. Years ago, I didn't care for them from my community's experiences. Heard they stepped up their game and I prefer German engineering with many things in my life - audio, med equipment, cars, camping/survival gear, my girlfriend. Figured needed to stay in theme with the Walther. Just picked up a FDE PDP compact pro with performance trig and the threaded barrel aka California paper weight. Can't wait to break her in. Hope I have your consensus after a few hundred rnds. Didn't care for the color in the photos but looks much better, darker and less pukey in person. Phew.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Omg I have so many more to buy! Thanks for the update! Please announce when preorders are available!
 
Echelon, PDP, VP9. I am trying to convince myself that I don't need anymore striker fired 9mm handgun.😭
There's always a need for more 🤣 I'm definitely gonna grab a VP9 and most likely an Echelon. I haven't shot a Walther other than a PPK so I'll have to try the PDP when it gets here.
 
There's always a need for more 🤣 I'm definitely gonna grab a VP9 and most likely an Echelon. I haven't shot a Walther other than a PPK so I'll have to try the PDP when it gets here.
I tried the PPK, didn't care for it tbh.

The only other Walther i've tried was the Q5 Match (I erroneously called it the PPQ match in another reply) and it was absolutely superb, no complaints whatsoever. If the PDP is as good as that, we're in good shape.
 
Any possibility of the pdp-f pro coming to CA now that Walther announced its new lineup?
 
There's always a need for more 🤣 I'm definitely gonna grab a VP9 and most likely an Echelon. I haven't shot a Walther other than a PPK so I'll have to try the PDP when it gets here.

I had a PPK .380 for about 2 months, gorgeous gun, sucked ass to shoot. 20lb DA trigger pull and slide bite with every shot. The one time I shot it went like this: “Ouch! Son of a motherless 🐐! God dammit! MOTHERF———!”
 
I had a PPK .380 for about 2 months, gorgeous gun, sucked ass to shoot. 20lb DA trigger pull and slide bite with every shot. The one time I shot it went like this: “Ouch! Son of a motherless 🐐! God dammit! MOTHERF———!”
I got slide bite every time as well!
 
I had a PPK .380 for about 2 months, gorgeous gun, sucked ass to shoot. 20lb DA trigger pull and slide bite with every shot. The one time I shot it went like this: “Ouch! Son of a motherless 🐐! God dammit! MOTHERF———!”
OK so the heavy-azz DA trigger pull isn't just me.

I wonder if the Sig P230/P232 is any better?
 
Any update on when we'll be seeing these hit the roster? And do we know what versions will be available?
 
Anyone have any news of the pdp coming to CA yet? Because we’re in the new year and I don’t see any dealers offering the pdp or pdp f
 
I'm excited for this one! Small handed and short fingered people rejoice! Do you know if they are going to have to add a thumb operated manual safety? That would kill it for me :(
Obv they would have to to get into the roster. Lci and mag disconnect as well
 
Back
Top Bottom